what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Soldato
You really need to test them yourself and see if you like them what sounds great to one may not sound so great to yourself. That is if you can try them. I live in Hull and its quite hard to audition decent cans exc

I have the same issue. With the DSA it’s very easy to ‘try’ headphones though.

Associate
I own the Logitech G35. The biggest let down with them is the fleather (fake leather) on the ear and head pads disintegrated a few years after purchase. Before replacing them, I ended up with little black bits all over my head and shoulders; like inverted dandruff! :eek:

Associate
Getting the HD700 for Christmas, very much looking forward to trying them out.
Never heard the HD700 but heard good things about them and some preffering them to the more expensive HD800. If you like decent tight Bass then the Audeze LCD2-C are the one's. Love mine. Can't wait to try them with the Lyr 3

Soldato
Never heard the HD700 but heard good things about them and some preffering them to the more expensive HD800. If you like decent tight Bass then the Audeze LCD2-C are the one's. Love mine. Can't wait to try them with the Lyr 3

I would have gotten the LCD2-C instead, but the 700s were on special and significantly less (£200!).

The 700s are far more my wheelhouse over the 800, I prefer my cans with a little character rather than analytical. Hopefully I like these. I had a look in the box before I wrapped them up, my god they’re gorgeous, and they’re also the most comfortable pair of headphones I’ve ever owned, and the only ones to actually fit OVER my ears properly.

Soldato
That is a nice price. I do wonder if Sennheiser screwed up a little with the HD660s and dropping the HD650 for them, but not the HD700.

The HD660s uses the HD700 drivers. Maybe they are bringing out a HD700s soon? It would make sense.

HD600 with old drivers / HD660s with HD700 driver / HD700s with the HD800 drivers and then the newish HD800s at the top of the tree.

Soldato
I would have gotten the LCD2-C instead, but the 700s were on special and significantly less (£200!).

The 700s are far more my wheelhouse over the 800, I prefer my cans with a little character rather than analytical. Hopefully I like these. I had a look in the box before I wrapped them up, my god they’re gorgeous, and they’re also the most comfortable pair of headphones I’ve ever owned, and the only ones to actually fit OVER my ears properly.

:eek: £200 new? Where are they available for that price? Would love to pick some up for that

Soldato
That is a nice price. I do wonder if Sennheiser screwed up a little with the HD660s and dropping the HD650 for them, but not the HD700.

The HD660s uses the HD700 drivers. Maybe they are bringing out a HD700s soon? It would make sense.

HD600 with old drivers / HD660s with HD700 driver / HD700s with the HD800 drivers and then the newish HD800s at the top of the tree.

Maybe... the build quality and comfort is incredible, and I suppose the structure of the headphone can have some sort of effect on the sound.

For me these are incredibly special, but then £400 really is my upper limit for a set of headphones, I have too many other expensive hobbies.

Soldato
ahhhh, heh, was looking around thinking I missed something nice!

Congrats, hope you enjoy them! Have been looking at them myself so curious as to how you will find them.

I’ll let you know.

Just need to get yourself Tidal now get some FLAC goodness. Or if your using your own CDS rip them to Musicbee or Foobar 2000 or JRiver

I tend to download my songs from the various HD sites, I prefer to own my music if that makes sense? Though for the cost per month it seems very worth it, considering what an HD album costs. I use MusicBee for all my HD tracks, really like the interface. Not heard of Jriver, I’ll have a nosey.

I currently listen only to the SRH840’s and momentum 2.0, the 700’s should be a nice upgrade.

Last edited:
Soldato
It is a nice stand i got Mine from Thomann Room Audio nice stands but pricey
I got the Walnut think it was £80

https://www.thomann.de/gb/rooms_audio_line.html

Thanks again for the link mate. Ordered the white one for a Christmas pressie, I have a cheap silver one from Amazon at the moment and the ROOMs one will be much nicer.

Do you think there’s enough room on the base for a small DAC/Amp to reside?

Back
Top Bottom