What is the creepiest thing to have ever happened to you?

Soldato
My neighbour is a mystery; he's an old gent, must be in his 90's but seems friendly enough.

Every day for years, he has always had just one bottle of milk delivered.
Then, just the other day, there was two bottles stood outside his house. Nothing strange there but, the day after... three.
Then four the day after that and then five...

This morning, as I passed his house there was 8 or 9 bottles stood on his step. I've no idea what he's up to, but I haven't seen him since he developed this intense thirst for milk.

I don't think it's doing him much good either - there's a terrible smell coming from his house.

It's not so much a milk delivery, more a future cheese delivery.

Associate
It's not so much a milk delivery, more a future cheese delivery.

:eek: Egads, you're right! The mark up from cheese to milk is certainly enough to profit from such a dastardly deed! And so the truth has come out at long last.

Jingo... you know what you must do

Soldato
A few years ago I popped out late on Friday night around 2am for some fags. My car was parked a little way away from my house as is busy Fridays round ours, so had to park mine near the gates of closed, run down former care home for the blind. It's quite a large complex and part of it on the other side is still open where blind people work. The care home part closed ages ago before I was born and has been abandoned since.

Anyhow always creeped me out when walking past in the dark as rumours as a kid were the place was haunted and had these old trees that would bristle in the wind surrounding the exterior walls. Got to my car and when I put the key in to open the doors got this distinct feeling, like a chill which perked me up, hairs standing on end and the leaves making whistling/hauling noises. Was one of them moments where you think, lets just get the **** out of here pronto.

Got in car and just thought lets get going, just a bit of wind, ignore it. I remember driving and there was literally not a soul in sight. Now it was 2am in the morning so hardly unexpected but saying that was a Friday night and you normally see the odd passer by, drunkard but nada nothing.

Driving along and the road was unusually dark, noticed a few of the street lamps were off on driver side. Looked over to the passenger side to have a check and as I was peering out noticed through the corner of my eye the passenger seat pressed down on the base and the back of the seat like someone had sat down, but were invisible and just there body impression was made in the seat. Kind of froze, pretended I didn't see what I thought I just saw and prayed to god I would see a passer by, another car or just anybody would go by. Luckily the petrol station was only like 1 min ahead and made it without literally crapping myself.

Took my time in the petrol station, as you would! Convinced my self it was just shadows and my mind paying tricks on me, of coarse what else could it be I told myself. Built up the courage and got back into car and proceeded to drive home. On the way back same location where a few of the street lamps were off started to scare myself again just thinking about it, felt some pressure on my thighs, like something pressing down on me. Not much force, like a having a heavy pillow on your lap. Again crapped myself but convinced myself it just them tweaked feelings you get when already scared when senses go it to over drive.

Anyhow got home safely, dumped car double parked outside my house, hell no way i'm parking back near the care home again!

All is well, had a smoke, finished watching what I was watching and off to bed. Everything normal, forgot about earlier stuff that happened and went to sleep. That night had a sleep paralysis, only ever had one before ever which only lasted about 15 secs before I snapped out of it. When your mind is a awake but you can't move your body but you can see everything too. This time was strange as I again couldn't move, but this time was also blind. I could feel my eye lids open but nothing but darkness, so excruciating mentally desperate and panicking in nightmare / paralysis. Again I felt that feeling of something pressing down on me like in the car but this time my full body, snapped out of it with judder and a huffing and puffing like I was being choked!

Was spooked for weeks after, nothing happened since and have gotten over it, well just abouts. Cant help but feel that it was all somehow linked to the care home.

Last edited:
Associate
I was a total non believer on ghosts and that sort of thing but ive had reason to give it a little more thought in recent years.

I bought my house 3 or so years ago and when we bought it we bought it from a single lady who's husband had been killed in a car accident on the M3 a couple of years before.

For a long time I didnt really think anything of it at the time, sad but its not like he died in the house.

Anyway, had several instances of little things just falling over, especially in the last 8-10 months since I became single. There was a large flat head screw that was sat on the side, had been sat there for weeks unmoved and one day it just randomly fell of the pot it was on when I was in the kitchen. Ive had items fall off the bathroom shelf, Ive had a canvas picture fall of the wall with no explanation and more recently I put a large ish disco ball on a window sill upstairs and on two occasions in the middle of the night it has just fallen off the window sill and this is a mid sized ball, weighs a kg ish and its lent up against a bowl to stop it going anywhere. No windows open, no wind or anything.

Seems to have settled down recently now ive met someone.

Strange. Am still not sure I am a believer but wierd little things make you wonder.

Man of Honour
was flying back from Munich to Heathrow T1 the other week on a tuesday evening, it started off as a bit of a weird flight anyway as the plane was split half and half business to cattle class. There seemed to be two people in business and <75% full in cattle, I'd managed to check in really early and got a front row of standard class to myself. Not all that odd, just a little strange.

The flight was uneventful until landing, we were literally seconds away from landing on the north runway, had cleared the carparks and onto the actual airfield when they must have got a command to abandon landing - full power and a very steep climb, followed by some serious banking and another tour of london. Not all that unusual apparently but the first time it had happened to me, totally put me seriously on edge!

Anyhows we swung round and landed about 5min later and in my usual 'I've been away on business and I want to get home' mode i stormed through the airport. With only two (rather elderly) business passengers I was soon ahead of the pack and realising that there way NO-ONE around. It was a like a proper 28 days later scenario, the usually busy bustling hub was completely abandoned - it wasn't until i hit (the completely empty) passport control that i saw any staff and even after that there wasn't anyone until i'd cleared customs.

Not all the creepy but pretty damn un-nerving & very odd :D

Man of Honour
Probably scary more than creepy, but nearly 30 years back I was dropped off late at night after some beers by a girl at the entry to the estate I lived on. I get out of her car and start to walk towards my house through the estate and as I walk past an old garage at maybe 2am 2 of the biggest dobermans come out of the garage and run at me. I freeze and we go into a housey 2 dog stand off. They bark the **** out of themselves and I turn on my toes and slowly walk in the opposite direction as they follow. I **** 3 stone I kid you not and still remember the feeling of OH ****

I went back the next day to report it to the owner and he got all aggressive so I went back the next day and killed the dogs with a machete because I'm rock hard and a bad ass.......in my dreams. :)

Soldato
I was a total non believer on ghosts and that sort of thing but ive had reason to give it a little more thought in recent years.

I bought my house 3 or so years ago and when we bought it we bought it from a single lady who's husband had been killed in a car accident on the M3 a couple of years before.

For a long time I didnt really think anything of it at the time, sad but its not like he died in the house.

Anyway, had several instances of little things just falling over, especially in the last 8-10 months since I became single. There was a large flat head screw that was sat on the side, had been sat there for weeks unmoved and one day it just randomly fell of the pot it was on when I was in the kitchen. Ive had items fall off the bathroom shelf, Ive had a canvas picture fall of the wall with no explanation and more recently I put a large ish disco ball on a window sill upstairs and on two occasions in the middle of the night it has just fallen off the window sill and this is a mid sized ball, weighs a kg ish and its lent up against a bowl to stop it going anywhere. No windows open, no wind or anything.

Strange. Am still not sure I am a believer but wierd little things make you wonder.

Your home has been possessed by a nasty case of subsidence.

Soldato

Do you live near a road or train line? Even a washing machine can affect objects throughout a house.

Er I think I'll pass, I'd like to sleep easy tonight! :p

I've written a lot about this genre and so nothing scares me any more!

Soldato
Going to watch the remake "Dawn of the Dead" at the Vue in Cambridge. Not odd you may think. Except for the fact that I got a late showing and emerged into a deserted shopping mall at the end of the film. Eerie and fitting at the same time. :)

Associate
I've written a lot about this genre and so nothing scares me any more!

That's not very sensational, try this:

I've written a lot about this genre and haven't slept a night in two years! I can't rest without a cat in the room to scare away demnons but when I manage to sleep it tries to steal my breath. I've never been so scared, I can't take it any more!

Back
Top Bottom