What is the most you have spent on a game?

Soldato
I paid about £85 quid for Street Fighter 2 on the Super Famicom in the early 1990s.

I've played Raid: Shadow Legends for almost a year now but never bought a thing. I would, but I think everything in the game is too expensive, so I haven't bothered.

Soldato
I used to play EVE Online, there was a monthly sub, and you could give others a monthly sub in return for in-game currency, and there were skins. Probably spent 1-2k over about 10 years ish. That game is so infested with microtransactions now it's disgusting.

I wouldn't call myself a WOW player, but I did buy all the expansions, plus the monthly sub. That's probably been about £300 over 10 years ish. But only played for about 6 months of that, so that's pretty bad value.

I played BF4, that had a 'season pass' which included content that should have been included at release but was marketed as DLC instead. That was about £100.

I don't mind a subscription for an mmo, to some extent it keeps the kids out, but microtransactions and dlc I'll never do again.

I preordered Diablo 2 Resurrected. That was about £40.

I normally don't like preorders / kickstarters / alpha/beta / early access.

My standard Steam search filter is: on offer + under £20.

The game I've played the most is Subspace Continuum, which is free, lol.

Soldato
Probably spent a few hundred over the years on TF2 keys, sad I know, but then I probably got double what I spent on keys back from trading.

I think the most I ever spent on a game was buying MoH:AA and the Spearhead/Breakthrough expansions - definitely got my money's worth out of those games though.

These days I very rarely buy a game over £10. I did buy RDR2 when it first came out but I got a refund for that.

Like a lot of people, I've got more unplayed games than I know what to do with sat in my Steam (and now Epic as well) account!

Soldato
I've spent a few quid on f2p games that deserve the support and hold my interest. Over the years I've played League of Legends, Warframe and most recently Apex Legends all 3 I've probably spent about £30 in each? Bargain considering the hundreds of hours I've had out of them.

Some people go completely mental on these games, similar to OP I was reading a Reddit post of a mobile AFK game I play and there was talk of some of the top level players spending £100k+ I just can't get my head around that one.

Soldato
I paid £60 for Mortal Kombat 2 on super Nintendo back in 1994.

That's £122 adjusted for inflation :eek:

I still feel it was worth it given how many hours me and my friends put into the game though!

Soldato
Around £250 on GPRO, an online F1 manager game. That covered about 5 years of gaming, though.

Otherwise, the most would be the £37 I paid for BOTW for my son as part of his Xmas Switch gift. And he's played, no exaggeration, about 10 minutes of it :D

Soldato
£120 on a Japanese version of Street Fighter 2 for the SNES when it first came out.

Yeah, I knew a few folk who bought Japanese import games for their SNES's but I could never understand how anyone could seriously contemplate spending £100+ on a game back in the 90s!

That Japanese copy of sf2 would have cost nearly £250 taking inflation into account..... :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, I knew a few folk who bought Japanese import games for their SNES's but I could never understand how anyone could seriously contemplate spending £100+ on a game back in the 90s!

That Japanese copy of sf2 would have cost nearly £250 taking inflation into account..... :D

Still cheaper than Neo-Geo games though.:eek:

Soldato
Haha, why am I targeted? I often post my team and it’s often the worst in the thread. Ask @Rids, he’ll be more fun to ask. The last two though have been £0. When the game went bad I just stopped putting money into it.

Ouch.

Yeah I've spent a fair few quid on Fifa over the last 3 years. Probably in the region of £10k over the last three years, I've never counted.

In an attempt to avoid some of the criticism I'm likely to face - this all disposable income, I can afford it, I play a lot of Fifa (usually 4k games a year) and being older now its not like I'm dropping 200 quid on nights out.

Caporegime
Ouch.

Yeah I've spent a fair few quid on Fifa over the last 3 years. Probably in the region of £10k over the last three years, I've never counted.

In an attempt to avoid some of the criticism I'm likely to face - this all disposable income, I can afford it, I play a lot of Fifa (usually 4k games a year) and being older now its not like I'm dropping 200 quid on nights out.
I wouldn’t dream of asking you to justify it. It’s your money, it’s got **** all to do with me what you spend it on.

Back
Top Bottom