What "man jobs" have you done today?

Completed the office (still a couple of bits to do)

Is getting rid of that nasty stain on the wall one of the bits to do? ;)

Fitted new blind in bedroom which finishes that room off.

Now on to my daughters bedroom which is an absolute epic of a room. It's a double room with an attached single. Removed self-adhesive boarder which pulled off a bunch of paint with it - scraped back loose paint and in some areas it's 3'x2' of bare plaster.

Whoever decorated that room after first getting plastered obviously didn't do a mist coat! Anyway, filled that (as several layers of paint built up over the years gave quite a gap) and then gave it a coat of zinnizer primer.

Sanding walls tonight and then caulking windows/skirtings/ceiling.

Now I hope you are on about the mark next to the best sign in the world ;)

It's my birthday today and was hoping to have a relaxing day! SWMBO has other ideas and I have already painted the en suite this morning with it's 1st coat.

Defo a stain, cant imagine how you missed it.

Looks nice otherwise.

No just me wanting it to be reasonably tidy, the conduit from the back box to the crawl space will make it easy in the future should i need to change any cables though.

Yesterday: Chainsawed a tree that I dug up into smaller manageable pieces. Bagged a load of ash from bonfires. Mowed the lawn. Started laying the patio shed base. My cementing and levelling skills are not great, got better as time went on, hope it's all set nicely.

Stripped, sanded and started repainting my staircase. We ripped up the old brown stair carpet the day we moved. Beneath it was a patchy mix of old varnish and probably 50+ year old paint in varying states. Now they have a lovely 6" border in prep for a stair runner.

Also trimmed & rehung the nursery door and hung a blackout blind.

not today but on the weekend.

Stripped 4 rooms of wallpaper - was 5 layers on parts on one of the rooms :(

took wooden cladding off 2 ceilings

ripped out old bath/sink/bidet.

removed all tiles from bathroom wall

drained down heating

removed all rads from walls

(had some help from brother and cousin with some of it though)

Finished the Shed;

12079323_10153205676508034_2086954722184592804_n.jpg

Needed to get 2 reception rooms cleared of my tools before we start renovation in earnest in 2wks. Actually a nice little workshop now.

Longer-term (after garage build) will just be storage of garden tools.

Spent the weekend trying to get a table top finished for my grill table. Ended up building a ghetto router table out of a scrap bit of wood I had laying around so then I can trim up the edges of pallet planks I'm using. It works pretty well, although it turns out the plank has a slight bend in it :x It doesn't affect the thin pieces of wood so it'll be alright until I can go get a better board.

I also built a sled to easily get the wood to the correct width, although I don't have the correct router bit so I couldn't get too much done.

JIg0m4W.png

I should hopefully have the table finished by the weekend, just in time for winter :facepalm:

Removed old silicone and resealed the bath. As anyone will know who has done it, this is a proper pain in the bum! Silicone removal tools are rubbish, a Stanley blade and knackered finger tips the only way.

To make up for that I also wall mounted the TV in the new extension. But high for my liking but will drop when I replace the 37" for the 50" in the future.

Removed old silicone and resealed the bath. As anyone will know who has done it, this is a proper pain in the bum! Silicone removal tools are rubbish, a Stanley blade and knackered finger tips the only way.

To make up for that I also wall mounted the TV in the new extension. But high for my liking but will drop when I replace the 37" for the 50" in the future.

Only a pain in the bum if you don't know Unibond Silicone Sealant Remover exists.

Back
Top Bottom