What "man jobs" have you done today?

Last weekend.... was going to take wife's car for inspection... alternator failed whilst I was driving her to work. I did the manly thing and replaced it whilst she was at work.

Yesterday: Got the wife's car inspected... finally. Took down the gazebo and threw it out.

Today: Went to a flea market and did the manly thing and picked up a Cyborg X joystick for $5, and a matching 19" widescreen monitor (for eyefinity) to go with my other one for $5. The real manly part comes when cleaning it all up with disinfecting wipes ;-)
Then on the way home picked up a free computer table (Actually an artists table), took it into the garage tightened everything up and along with my $5 chair I rescued from a charity shop, I setup a station for racing (So I have 3 racing wheels now somehow LMAO.. gotta do something with them.)

Walked the dogs, picked up poop, acted unafraid as some weirdo in a pickup was eyeing the dogs up.
Stroked my manly chest hair as I vacuumed the bedroom.

Next week, I will use all of my testosterone to take down the pool for the winter.

On a side note... I now seem to own about 8 maybe 9 monitors and TV's since I got here, ranging from 17" to 46".

Last edited:
Managed to get back to doing some more work to daughters bedroom which only got as far as removing radiators, sanding walls and sills and my new found favourite DIY job, caulking.

Wish I'd bothered to use caulk in other rooms as it makes such a difference. Did both spare bedroom and master bedroom in last few months and only the latter one I caulked and there is absolutely no cracking. Also I'm going to try and caulk the edges of the ceiling in the hope that it will give a neat edge to my poor attempts at cutting in, particularly given the fact that the ceiling doesn't need to be painted this time.

DSC_2971_zpsi2bv32th.jpg

Some overhead storage for old computer stuff in my computer room. Will be oiled with a medium oak coloured oil to match my desk and other furniture. Hopefully the darker colour will hide the slight gap on the right door :o.

Not today, but end of last week, drained the central heating system down and refilled adding X400 to run round for a couple of weeks to clean out the crud. Actually went quite well though I probably filled the system a bit too quick and was chasing an airlock for a couple of hours. All going well now though and with the cooler evenings getting plenty of circulation.

Will check the Magnafilter today as apparently the X400 sends it quite a bit of custom.

Have got the X100 and X200 to go in once the cleaner is finished and flushed out.

yesterdays job for me was

take off 3 sheets of plasterboard on a ceiling ive just put them up on
knock some holes in the above ceiling (lathe and plaster)
run a new length of cable from a 2nd switch to my light
re put up the 3 pieces of plasterboard
rewire the light

next job was to start the filling of the chases from the electrician.

Went into the loft to figure out why a couple of rooms upstairs are cold. Lifted the boards the previous owner had laid down and bazzinga about 3mm of really old loft insulation.

Now the hunt begins to get new stuff for free :(

Not today, but end of last week, drained the central heating system down and refilled adding X400 to run round for a couple of weeks to clean out the crud. Actually went quite well though I probably filled the system a bit too quick and was chasing an airlock for a couple of hours. All going well now though and with the cooler evenings getting plenty of circulation.

Will check the Magnafilter today as apparently the X400 sends it quite a bit of custom.

Have got the X100 and X200 to go in once the cleaner is finished and flushed out.

Cleaned my Magnafilter out yesterday - only a film of black on plastic sleeve - The boiler man is here now giving it it's annual service :)

Worst one was when we had no running water and was stripping the windows and managed to press the whole of the back of my thumb on the guard. The skin just came straight off and drove 15 min to my other halfs just so i could run it under cold water.

I've been building this table for my grill to sit in. It's something I started months ago but with it being about 50c in the garage over the summer (no exaggeration), I couldn't really spend much time on it. My parents have been visiting so I've drafted them in to help too.

Just got to cut the circle out of the top and fasten in the 2x4 that will support the grill and it's all done. Pretty chuffed with this considering it's my first proper project.

It cost no more than $100 for the timber and all the bolts n screws came to about $50.

oYsh8oa.jpg

I'm probably going to build another about twice the length of that with a solid top and use it as a work bench in the garage and build in a spot for my mitre saw. It'd be nice if I could somehow build a router table into it too, I've ordered the plate, just need to figure out how it'd all work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom