What "man jobs" have you done today?

Put up a blind in the nursery, painted the ceiling in the bathroom and touched up the hall ceiling. The wife decided to touch up the hallways walls, only to discover its the wrong paint!

For £4 it's worth a punt :D

Reviews are not good for sealant removers. I thought it was a scam.

You'll still need to remove the majority with a blade. The removers are ok at removing the small amount left behind by the blade, it softens it up so you can then scrape the rest off with a blade and the wipe the goo up with more of the remover. People expect to dab a bit on and then the whole lot will just peel off, but it's not that easy unfortunately.

I'd finish off with some sort of solvent cleaner to remove the cleaner and give a nice clean surface for re-sealing.

DSC_3043_zpsklzfpvie.jpg

DSC_3190_zpscoikqlxl.jpg

Painted with hammerite rediator enamel. Really good stuff, but have heard the new formula is too thick from someone on here. This rad was probably a bit too far gone and I'll more than likely need to replace it in a few years, but for now this has made it look a lot better. It's usually covered with coats, so I didn't realise how bad it looked.

Next job is tearing up the laminate and painting the woodwork. Then maybe tiling the floor with a new carpet on the stairs.

Last edited:
Rad looks new!

One tip for removing silicone sealant on a bath or shower is to squirt it with WD40. It worked a lot better than the silicone removers when i done my shower a few weeks back, i was actually shocked how good it was.

Wrapped his up with tissue and masking tape so I could carry on puttin plasterboard on the ceiling and ripping out the old kitchen.
tCFGNyR.jpg

Emptied old log store and pulled it down - got to clean up and get some wood to rebuild it. - Gave my new Stanley impact driver a good workout undoing all the screws

Never nail these days but use Toolstation torx screws for everything.

Gave skirtings a paint in daughters room. Was trying to decide between using the dulux satinwood (that I'm losing favour with as it goes yellow after a couple of years), Johnstone gloss or satin in oil and also waterbased options but decided to go with Farrow and Ball estate eggshell (all white no. 2005).

Although you need to be a bit more careful with brush strokes showing I'm actually really pleased with the finish. It can also be used on radiators which I may eventually give a try.

Back
Top Bottom