What "man jobs" have you done today?

Associate
Sorry, I have been on here many years as an occasional user and I'm sure that used to get starred out! Force of habit! dabs ****** scan ******** (hmm 2 of 4 got starred out!)

Dave

Soldato
It's behind the plasterboard (pressing against it) but it's been plastered in so it's totally solid round the pipe. There's no air round the pipe, basically. The plaster is about 6 inches across after which it just becomes cavity again.

Soldato
Myself and neighbor erected a fence between us out the front to section off the 'shared' lawn. Happy with the result and look forward to making our own mark out the front now:

Soldato
Looks good! Where did you get the fence from?

Thanks! We got the materials from a local timber merchant.

Concreted the upright posts into the round, the horizontal rails are notched into the post to allow the verticals be a bit more flush to the gravel board, and then just nailed each board onto them.

Soldato
Thanks! We got the materials from a local timber merchant.

Concreted the upright posts into the round, the horizontal rails are notched into the post to allow the verticals be a bit more flush to the gravel board, and then just nailed each board onto them.

Nice. What dimensions of timber did you use?

I'm looking to erect a fence and two gates myself. Just looking into if I can make it all myself. Will be a nice little project.

Soldato
Nice. What dimensions of timber did you use?

I'm looking to erect a fence and two gates myself. Just looking into if I can make it all myself. Will be a nice little project.

The posts are 3" x 3" and the rails are 1.5" x 3". Maybe a little overkill but this fence is going nowhere soon!

We dug down approx 20" and used postcrete which literally set in 10 minutes, however we left it for a day to make sure before we started hammering into the posts.

Soldato
The posts are 3" x 3" and the rails are 1.5" x 3". Maybe a little overkill but this fence is going nowhere soon!

We dug down approx 20" and used postcrete which literally set in 10 minutes, however we left it for a day to make sure before we started hammering into the posts.

Very useful, thanks.

I have one gate to install in an opening in a brick wall and one fence, only about 2.5m long with a gate on the end.

I don't think i have all the tools required to make it myself though. I'm pretty sparse in the saw department.

Associate
Repaired and repainted the front door which had the lower, right panel completely split.

Assembled and stained a small compost bin to match the shed.

Also painted the concrete and re-stained all the wood on the raised borders.

Edit:

Also made a panel to hide the cables from the TV from 6mm MDF, rounded wooden edges and covered with speaker cloth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom