What "man jobs" have you done today?

Associate
I applied lining to the fireplace ready for painting. Remind me to never ever do it again...

I also; put up 11 blinds, 1 curtain rail (2 more to do), fitted the washing machine and tumble dryer and plumbled them both in. Wired in the cooker and fixed a leaky radiator.

Now I've got to figure out why both outside lights aren't working. Both cables lead up into the attic, where there is a junction box and a single switch. Turning the switch on in the attic turns the attic lights on (duh), but the outside lights still don't work. I've tried a new bulb, and checked the wiring. The only 2 things I can think are the fuses, or the outdoor weather proof switch, but I don't want to kill myself trying to open it.

Soldato
just put a couple of shelves up using grip-it plasterboard fixings.
I've got to say they seem pretty solid but its still quite worrying drilling 20mm holes in your wall :eek:

Soldato
Not so much a man job - but got a man box from Homebase for £15

413717046.jpg

Soldato
2x circular saws -1x Dewalt 115mm angle grinder - 1x sander - 1x oscillating sander - 1x big sander- 1x BD Electric drill - 2x hand saws - 1x rubber amma -sanding discs - just for starters ;)

In fact it still isn't big enough - got two more sanders can't get in -

Associate
Which did you go for? I heard rumours that choosing the wrong mount can cause warping of the knives, not sure on the validity of them though!

I went for a kitchencraft 45cm, the magnets are powerful enough to hold the knives without issue but not overly powerful to cause the knifes to slap to hard.

I'd not heard of the rumours and a quick google doesn't find anything conclusive - I might be tempted to switch to a decent quality wooden mag block to reduce the chance of damage.

Associate
I went for a kitchencraft 45cm, the magnets are powerful enough to hold the knives without issue but not overly powerful to cause the knifes to slap to hard.

I'd not heard of the rumours and a quick google doesn't find anything conclusive - I might be tempted to switch to a decent quality wooden mag block to reduce the chance of damage.

Might be worth speaking to Global about what they recommend, or the place you bought them as it could have just been hearsay, but it's the main reason our globals are still in the block rather than on the wall!

Associate
Closed off the rear of my car port/garage. It was open to the elements at the back and made the room above a little cold under foot so have closed it off and insulated it.

39648017371_c39b4e8616.jpg

38751323655_387f48fa9a.jpg

24779112777_5b0e252860.jpg
23pysfp
223jErV
22jVaNL
DKDqWn

sorry the first pics i tried to put up didnt work

Last edited:
Soldato
Got a B&Q Club receipt and voucher by email the other day and realised I'd had none for a while. Turns out I hadn't had any since November and have over £600 worth of receipts that haven't been logged despite scanning my card. Spoke to customer services and they can't re-send or backdate vouchers :mad:

Soldato
Has this had it? It does go back on the spindle but if I try turn it it just pops back off
Jro0wCu.jpg
8pKDbTn.jpg

Probably going to replace them both anyway as the other one doesn't close further than this without feeling like it's going to snap

6tTz7O9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom