What "man jobs" have you done today?

Took the back panel off the tumble drier

IMG-20220413-170240.jpg

IMG-20220413-170434.jpg

Removed the dead thermostat / heater with a new one

IMG-20220413-165939-01.jpg

So my plumbing work has not fixed the leak, yesterday I changed both flexi hoses and there was a drip not long after. As acess is poor I used a boriscope but couldn't see an obvious leak. I'm think either 1 of 2 things are happening,
1. Any water dripping down after I changed the flexing hoses was already there and I just knocked it lose, or
2. The actual tap is leaking. I've never changed a cartridge or even know if it's changeable.

My thinking is that there's no drip this morning, so if it wasn't the cartridge it would be a continuous drip, it's looking like it's only dripping after the tap has been run which I believe implies the cartridge. Does that sound reasonable or am i daft?

After building the raised bed last week, had 2 ton of topsoil delivered and shifted it this morning.

Had to load the wheel barrow up, nine steps then up a slight incline before tipping it into the bed ...

IMG-20220415-090047.jpg

IMG-20220415-090055.jpg

IMG-20220415-090103.jpg

About 60 times ... Going to ache

Looks good and defo brownie points with the Mrs :D

IMG-20220415-105942.jpg

IMG-20220415-105950.jpg

IMG-20220415-110007.jpg

Yesterday I was starting to clean out the garage, it was a disgrace! We moved well over a year ago now and there were still boxes that were waiting to be unpacked in there. Today I'm back in there because there's so much to sort. I have to say, I miss the pitched roof in our old garage, it was so good for storage.

Once it's presentable in there I will upgrade the lighting, i'm thinking led batons on walls at the sides. The existing lights are old style batons which are mounted on the celling. If I had a pound for every time I've whacked them...

Cleaned outside of the windows -Big miatake - The sun reflection knackers my eyes and takes an hour or so to get back to normal.

SAS
love your pictures of grass -slabs and slabs -soil -slabs -sky with odd pic of raised beds. :cool::cool: Make hay while the sun shines -There might come a day when you can't do that.:)

Sorted my back lawn out today:

Cut short
Scarified
Top Dress
Overseeding.

Also used this as a chance to bring up the level of the ground where it had sunken due to settling (newish build) but, as it was next to slabs which hadn't moved, it left a 1 inch or so drop. Also, the soil around the exterior wall had kind of shrunk back and left a gap of a ½ inch and 1 inch deep so I filled that in

This part of my garden gets little sun and is always damp/wet so going to use this area as a small wildflower garden so not fussed that the tatty looking grass in that area is now buried... I'll be sowing wildflowers in the Autumn suited to damp conditions.

Looks a little rough now but I know it'll come back.

SAS
love your pictures of grass -slabs and slabs -soil -slabs -sky with odd pic of raised beds. :cool::cool: Make hay while the sun shines -There might come a day when you can't do that.:)

Up-cycled the old duck house

IMG-20220416-084541.jpg

Into some staging / bench for the greenhouse

IMG-20220416-145007.jpg

IMG-20220416-145012.jpg

IMG-20220416-153504.jpg

With plenty of timber left over which I may just burn :D

IMG-20220416-154945.jpg

:D:eek::p:eek::D

They turned out to be the most noisey, smelly and messy animals ever. The nail in their figurative coffins though we're when they started "bothering" the chickens :eek:.

The chickens weren't happy, the Mrs wasn't happy and the kids weren't happy so they had to go

Found someone with a small gilding and a number of ducks and a river at the end of her garden - we were all happy when they went off to their nice new home :D

@{SAS}TB Who would've thought they would be so noisy and messy; What a great new home you found them. :)

Great job on the Greenhouse and Bed (does your neighbour(s) have cats?) they will see all that lovely soft soil and leave you their calling card. ;)

@{SAS}TB Who would've thought they would be so noisy and messy; What a great new home you found them. :)

Great job on the Greenhouse and Bed (does your neighbour(s) have cats?) they will see all that lovely soft soil and leave you their calling card. ;)

Lol, yes theyre definately better off where they are.

Don't have many neighbours and they do have a few cats, but we have three .... Had to chase them out a few times, but that's what cars do

Nearly finished tiling the downstairs loo. Really can't wait for this job to be over.

fCKUIFwh.jpg

Top effort ! Well dune :D

Been raking neighbors skips for wood and collecting pallets this past week with the eventual aim of throwing together a few raised beds. Some of the wood isn't fit for that however so made a compost bin and a plant stand. Quite pleased with them actually, never really done anything in the way of even basic carpentry before now.

(Picture of compost bin before layer of creosote applied. Also ended up lining the inside with mesh wire)

script>

:D:eek::p:eek::D

They turned out to be the most noisey, smelly and messy animals ever. The nail in their figurative coffins though we're when they started "bothering" the chickens :eek:.

We've got ducks now, I'm not enamoured. Won't be replacing them as they pop their clogs that's for sure. Not sure duck eggs are worth the effort.

The old man and I took two estate boots worth to the dump. I can't believe the stuff people throw away, there was almost a whole 50m reel of 1.5mm twin and earth :o

I also replaced the lights in the garage with led batons. I wasn't too impressed initially but having been in there a few times since I think they're a nice improvement over the florescent tubes. I might still put a couple more in to get better coverage when I start to use it as a workshop but for now it's ideal.

My next job is restoring the patio jointing and to give it a good power wash. I hope the weather holds for the weekend!

Back
Top Bottom