What "man jobs" have you done today?

That would be nice but I don't think they exist and instead are a retrofit option?
I'm not sure .. but I think the electrician has to be involved in fitment ... and you need a din fitting - maybe all modern ones are.
e: yes it's not a combo rcbo
e2: in the absence of smart meters/CADs that will give you real time historic data I was considering these as an alternative

Last edited:
Hi all, a couple of weeks ago I caught the strip at the bottom of my door and broke the plastic end piece off. I can 3d print a replacement, but I can't figure out how the strip is attached to the door, see attached pics. I'm assuming I need to get it off to remove the bit that's left as it does not want to budge. It's a rockdoor too if that makes sense difference.

y4mgr0r1IV8TNX-GI9CrnLCx_qA8w5kpxJA9UFZl3SU--FFYEJTCnDmPpCso9kXsNWRydYbCL-RaajNME3GihoRdTg7knwRPdKnxcRm3QOnGelPg6wtNizfYlOU8T0U8fvJxvMCDFylfJFvc_DCAETQMOZKybsWHLwmjXeg6o9hrpHy87ymO2STqHnNi1REUdxB

y4mReIjtMUm7Z-U8Dqtua_IQ4hixUkyiS85lHp03jpgbq6moc1_-C-oY8TwFY3oKsXM2rCjrdwWu8WDvxB75sZL2VrWxaRUOaSbfRXsmUjBzX6Y-CIlTTsuSZzJ7A66tIF0F_af3ovSdu_lfo0rmHY9ojBkAl_WtbU4CJOUyoUhOxKQMxYrXRnAgZlfsTOhICdt
I'm assuming the black plastic is what's left? in which case it'll be two lugs inside holding it in place.
The strip on my Solidor slides off but has some sealant behind, failing thay if you can look under the strip you may see hidden fixings for the bar.

I'm assuming the black plastic is what's left? in which case it'll be two lugs inside holding it in place.
The strip on my Solidor slides off but has some sealant behind, failing thay if you can look under the strip you may see hidden fixings for the bar.
I had a look, the black plastic you can see is a strip that's screwed on. I'm going to 3d print some new end bits, but I'll have to slide the whole thing off to trim it back so I'm going to leave it until there's less chance of rain and its warmer :p .

Reactions: JRJ
Knocked some tiles off

mTIE56h.jpeg

I asked some tiling questions here if anyone has answers..

Knocked some tiles off

mTIE56h.jpeg

I asked some tiling questions here if anyone has answers..
Did you put that floor down? Keen for a similar thing in my house.

Spent most of the weekend away with the little one but got back around 2 and got cracking on the fence. Managed to remove two massive roots for god knows what and take down about 4 fence panels. 2 holes dug to just about 2ft.

What's the consensus on fencing nowadays?

I'll probably be laying it solo so concrete is out (am a wimp) - I'm thinking 100x100 posts in fence bags?

I also have about half a ton of ivy to dispose of. Do I just let it mulch down or should I attack it with something?

Back
Top Bottom