What "man jobs" have you done today?

Can't remember when I last gave an update of our renovation project, but here we go!

Final floor finishing screed was poured yesterday, kitchen was installed at the end of January with the worktops being templated, then installed 2 days ago.

4ACl8y1.png
jj4irvz.png
HJMfYtl.png

My favourite win/biggest win however in my eyes was getting certain rooms carpeted and finished, which meant emptying the storage container we'd been renting, and finally getting it off our property!

MunZFiU.png

Fencing people definitely earn their keep. I've spent the last 1.5 days digging new post holes and removing enormous root systems. I've also claimed back about 6 inches of land from the neighbor lol.

A grands worth of posts and post fix arrived too.

Got the first 2 posts concreted in and the third ready to go. Is there any tips on knowing what drop to do? It has a gradient.

Fencing people definitely earn their keep. I've spent the last 1.5 days digging new post holes and removing enormous root systems. I've also claimed back about 6 inches of land from the neighbor lol.

A grands worth of posts and post fix arrived too.

Got the first 2 posts concreted in and the third ready to go. Is there any tips on knowing what drop to do? It has a gradient.
Cant wait to see you on Neighbours From Hell

We hate the white, but it was an easy win until we decide on colours, the splashbacks and flooring will add life to the kitchen when finalised

I must admit at first glance I thought it was a mortuary and the island was the "slab" ;) Needs some colour, which is an unusual thing for me to say, I know ;) The quality is obvious though, nice job!

Sorted out yesterday's delivery

IMG20230303152343-01.jpg

The middle store (and remaining seasoned wood) was bagged up and cleared out

IMG20230304110341-01.jpg

IMG20230304114517-01.jpg

New delivery transfers into the store

IMG20230304114508-01.jpg

IMG20230304114513-01.jpg

Was still a few wheelbarrow loads left so stacked them in the little store on the front veranda

IMG20230304121557-01.jpg

Was a small pile of scraggly bits land thin splits eft over

IMG20230304121659-01.jpg

Which produced a barrow full.of kindling

IMG20230304123002-01.jpg

All ready for winter, er, spring :D

Last edited:
Somewhat lame compared to some of the awesome jobs people have shown here, but being unable to buy a decent large kennel for two big dogs that looked like it would last more than a year or two I decided to make my own from 18mm marine plywood.

The corners are protected from chewing with some 1mm galvanised steel sheet I guillotined and folded, the entrance with 3mm aluminium profile. Insulated double floor with underfloor heating, and an infra red heat lamp in case it gets REALLY cold in the top, using a bucket to stop them investigating the electrickery. The latter is something I have used for years with no issues.

Total cost about £180, less the varnish, which I already had. Time spent? I am too embarrassed to estimate, I fitted it in around other jobs... It's pretty substantial, I needed the loader on the tractor to move in to the run from the workshop.

kennel1.jpg

kennel2.jpg

Last edited:
36 feet down, 6 to go....almost killed me. Had to give up on one post (10 points if you can spot if lol). 2 feet deep with 2 bags of postfix each. Never want to do this job again! Have serious carpel tunnel now and didn't sleep a wink. Need to stick to desk jobs lol.

4TBncRp.jpeg

besLO8a.jpeg

Edit: does this count as failure? Lol! Should stick to being a typist.

pcn7exw.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom