What "man jobs" have you done today?

A lot of digging. Trying to move a hedge, without killing it - in preparation for widening the driveway later in the year.

HedgeMove.jpg

Those boards would be perfect for tiling onto, all skimming does is introduce extra expense and delays and also limits your tile choice because skimmed walls have a low weight capacity per m2.
Yup, think it goes down from something like 50kg/m2 to 20kg/m2. Also by skimming you add an unnecessary non waterproof layer(and gypsum really does not like water) to a water resistant Aquapanel and adhesive.

Why skim if you are tiling :confused:
That wall thats slimmed is the only one, it needed patching up, of course the tiles go straight onto the cement boards.

What are you guys thinking amateur night lol.

Just purchased tiles 60x60 porcelain on walls and floor 150 tiles (none slip on floor) 3k worth with all the trimmings.

SH4kiPF.jpg

Last edited:
Not today specifically, more like last week or so but I've been taking tiles off, making supports for new quartz worktops (keeping existing kitchen units) , adding noggins in to support the worktop and also creating a shelf for undermount sink.

In for templating

rzcFd1q.jpeg

New sink.... I have to redo the shelf height and underside supporting battons as I have had to change the sink to allow a tap to fit. These ceramic sinks must weigh 15kg dry!
dGL3z1n.jpeg

Had to refit this pull out unit and add some supports. Might add another in back corner
zhCGLPH.jpeg

Last edited:
I've never been a fan of sockets smashed so close together. Also buy a rice maker!
Hmm know what you mean but to be honest otherwise have tiny slithers of tile in between and I like having available sockets.

Only reason I have those easy packets is because my hob is out of action.... Apparently 7 to 10 days for fitting after templating.

Not sure if it counts as a man job if you pay real men to do it for you, but we had several Leylandii removed as they were unmanageable and costing a fortune in maintenance.

Before:

cuxQTTih.jpg

During:

Ftn4rnrh.jpg

After:

TcvJia7h.jpg

Slightly mixed feelings as I liked the look of them and privacy is now reduced, but privacy can be fixed with hedges and it has opened things up. It feels a lot brighter and more spacious now.

Replaced the heating element in the dishwasher (kept tripping the electrics)

Pulled her out

IMG20230311082826.jpg

Power and water disconnected and drain hose out / drained

Flipped her on her side and popped the maintenance hatch underneath

IMG20230311083022.jpg

Photographed everything and offered up the replacement part tomake sure they matched

IMG20230311083118.jpg

Real PITA getting the (looked like sacrificial) jubilee clips off

In and clips replaced with zip ties

IMG20230311085825.jpg

Water,, drain hose and power back on and pushed her back into place

IMG20230311090515.jpg

On the hottest (sanitation) setting and once compete with no leaks, tripping etc will ouch back into place, screw back in position and get the kick board back on

So far, so good *crosses fingers*

Replaced the heating element in the dishwasher (kept tripping the electrics)

Pulled her out

Power and water disconnected and drain hose out / drained

Flipped her on her side and popped the maintenance hatch underneath

Photographed everything and offered up the replacement part tomake sure they matched

Real PITA getting the (looked like sacrificial) jubilee clips off

In and clips replaced with zip ties

IMG20230311085825.jpg

Water,, drain hose and power back on and pushed her back into place

On the hottest (sanitation) setting and once compete with no leaks, tripping etc will ouch back into place, screw back in position and get the kick board back on

So far, so good *crosses fingers*

You sure the plastic cable ties will be strong enough?
I would have gone with stainless jubilee clips just to be on the safe side.

Back
Top Bottom