What "man jobs" have you done today?

That doghouse did look pretty substantial. I've ordered a new garden panel, am I asking too much for 2 people to fit it (as in me and the mrs) between concrete posts?

Good God no, you could do it yourself with some weighted step ladders to support it against whilst you raise it up and between the channels in the posts. I'm nearer 70 than 60 and can still dig a 3 foot hole in hard ground and lift and drop an oak sleeper in on my own. Takes me a little while longer than it used to, mind you :)

Had one bay of the log store to process

IMG20230305102056-01.jpg

IMG20230305115006-01.jpg

So that's the last of the store filled

IMG20230305122348-01.jpg

Still some big rounds to split, but they can wait for another day :D

IMG20230305122342-01.jpg

And a wheelbarrow of scraps / bark which will dry out for kindling

IMG20230305121853-01.jpg

Any tips on freeing up a radiator isolator valve? It's a push type with a plastic spindle on the outside that when turned clockwise is supposed to push the pin in and close the valve. Alas I managed to crack the plastic spindle whilst the pin itself is completely jammed!

Any tips on freeing up a radiator isolator valve? It's a push type with a plastic spindle on the outside that when turned clockwise is supposed to push the pin in and close the valve. Alas I managed to crack the plastic spindle whilst the pin itself is completely jammed!
Penetrating spray. Whack loads on then leave it a while. It should loosen it up fine. A bit of 3 in 1 to help if going forwards.

Last edited:
Good God no, you could do it yourself with some weighted step ladders to support it against whilst you raise it up and between the channels in the posts. I'm nearer 70 than 60 and can still dig a 3 foot hole in hard ground and lift and drop an oak sleeper in on my own. Takes me a little while longer than it used to, mind you :)
Cheers, I've (despite living here for 13 years) never changed a panel. I'm going to make sure it's a still day though otherwise I can see that being a youtube video :D .

@dLockers Can I suggest you top up the holes and then trowel the concrete away from the post.Where the soil meets te posts becomes the weak point down the track. Also I would have used more clips but as the fence is up pre-drill the uprights then put a nail or screw through to the posts. Keep away from any weak points like knots. Power through, a couple hours more :)

@dLockers Can I suggest you top up the holes and then trowel the concrete away from the post.Where the soil meets te posts becomes the weak point down the track. Also I would have used more clips but as the fence is up pre-drill the uprights then put a nail or screw through to the posts. Keep away from any weak points like knots. Power through, a couple hours more :)
Thank you very much! I had been considering building a form to top of the concrete around the exposed posts. I'll do that.

Been out the country a few days, now its all go again.

Prep time, skimming before tiling for that perfect finish later on.

1200x1200 single fall shower tray to install, 4 inches has to be chiseled out across the hole floor area for tray and aqua-boards to accommodate fall to shower area.

KyjTKUj.jpg
ksE2wf7.jpg
WNfdySL.jpg

1200x1200 single fall shower tray to install, 4 inches has to be chiseled out across the hole floor area for tray and aqua-boards to accommodate fall to shower area.
Just make sure you don't skim where you are tiling

KyjTKUj.jpg
ksE2wf7.jpg
WNfdySL.jpg
Nice. Why no insulated cement tile board though to get some heat loss benefits

Back
Top Bottom