What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Progress today after yesterday's car crash of an achievement (like 1 hour to scrape 2m2 of wallpaper lol).

C15flMK.jpeg

O1E4fgI.jpeg

The socket chaser tool kit is LEGENDARY.

I've bought some air brick extenders so that they finish below skirting level but annoying AF it looks like my floating floor is below DPC level by a fraction.... Unsure how to tackle that. I bought some expanding foam to insulate the gap but maybe it's worth leaving a cold spot so I don't bridge the DPC....rip...
Why are you chasing them back boxes so high?

Soldato
Why are you chasing them back boxes so high?
I was at a friend's new build and they were about this high. It actually made a whole bunch of sense as cables aren't trailing to the floor everywhere or visible behind desks.

I did a quick Google and it suggested 450mm from ground level so went with 500mm as I'm measuring from the subfloor atm.

I think the old wallpaper makes them look even higher.

Also I did the first one and then I was committed :cry:

Soldato
I was at a friend's new build and they were about this high. It actually made a whole bunch of sense as cables aren't trailing to the floor everywhere or visible behind desks.

I did a quick Google and it suggested 450mm from ground level so went with 500mm as I'm measuring from the subfloor atm.

I think the old wallpaper makes them look even higher.

Also I did the first one and then I was committed :cry:

New builds = That height
Old = Can stay at same height, or new height

Last edited:
Soldato
New builds = That height
Old = Can stay at same height, or new height

Aye my 10 year old extension is that height but the rest are lower..... I prefer them lower. Guess it's all personal preference.

Soldato
Aye my 10 year old extension is that height but the rest are lower..... I prefer them lower. Guess it's all personal preference.
Same - I'm used to old low ones. So took advantage of my 60s house and carried on the height of 270mm throughout.

Original build had 8 sockets - I've added 19 more and there's 8 waiting to be added!

Soldato
2 hours and finally finished the manual core aeration... Took shorter than I thought and the little manual aerator was brilliant. Lots of stories of others where the hollow times get blocked every 2-3 pushes but this didn't block once and left lots of little cores on the lawn which I have raked up and disposed of.

Soldato
Today I de-mossed my garden wall and discovered my electric scarifier is actually just an electric rake. I thought it was a scarifier due to the amount of **** it ripped up but apparently not.

I suck at gardening.

Common mistake TBH. A lot of scarifiers come with interchangeable drums so can rake and scarify.

Rake - spring tine head
Scarifier - solid vertical blades (sometimes called a verticutter)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Common mistake TBH. A lot of scarifiers come with interchangeable drums so can rake and scarify.

Rake - spring tine head
Scarifier - solid vertical blades (sometimes called a verticutter)
Didn't even know an electric rake was a thing, seems like the height of laziness.

Internet suggests the dual purpose machines are sold as aerators as well but aren't aerators.

75% of my garden is fine but the other 25% is really spongey so seems like I need to buy a new toy in the Autumn.

Last edited:
Soldato
I haven't done the maths but I'm pretty sure I'm going to half and half these boards with chunky chipboard as I cba anymore.

Leaving the foam to fully harden before knocking it off. Every joist was between 29 - 31.5 on the diagonal each time lol. Knees are busted so I've called it.

2qLMphs.jpeg

Also to get actual feedback as opposed to my troll:

hYoMRwr.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom