What "man jobs" have you done today?

We're looking to do similar layout in our bathroom, 1.8m wide by 2.7m long. Problem is, it has wall to wall windows so can't shower over the bath at the end. The shower will have to be tight in and small as possible because the door is basically central in the wall :(
My out laws have a shower up against the front window. They just use water proof shutters.... Not sure it's totally cricket but it works!

We had a terraced house once and house opposite at bottom of garden had converted back bedroom into a bathroom - the loo was just to left side of window and at night with light on you could see bloke stand there getting his knob out and pee - also see his wife lift up here dress and sit down -
Morel of this story - don't have back lighting.

We had a terraced house once and house opposite at bottom of garden had converted back bedroom into a bathroom - the loo was just to left side of window and at night with light on you could see bloke stand there getting his knob out and pee - also see his wife lift up here dress and sit down -

Sorry about that, we've taken the light out now :cry:

Was there obscure glass or curtains/blinds/

We didn't have blinds in those days so it was curtains and obscure glass - Their
shadow stood out well though. I was tempted to pop a letter through their letter box (yes a letter) :)

If I remember right it was around same time as I bought my first pair of binoculars.

Mrs TB is away for the weekend so had her to do list as well as mine ....

So started off with washing the kids' school uniforms and PE kit

IMG20230513073037.jpg

Cleaned out the chickens

IMG20230513150428.jpg

Cut the grass

IMG20230513155829.jpg

Re-tiled (it's a long story) the log store roof (well most of it)

IMG20230513150056.jpg

IMG20230513150208.jpg

IMG20230513150158.jpg

IMG20230513150356.jpg

Given the weather, generally anything involving being outside

Last edited:
Put a mirror up and changed the handles on 8 storm casement style wooden windows to match/go better with others I replaced

The windows are what the old owner put in on an extension 10 years ago and can tell they weren't the best and twisted /warped in places but hey. One handle per each will make them easier to open than the previous crap and also managed to position them such that the window seals tighter.

Also fit the roman blind above the window a couple weeks ago

hCg9T9B.jpeg

VuA8Uan.jpeg

Last edited:
Removed a load of greenhouse glass that had slipped and secured it with stronger w clips. The greenhouse is slightly warped and the pane's don't line up properly with the lip the glass rests against so we've always had blocks propping up the glass. Replaced a few of those with new blocks but there's got to be something I can buy that would do a far better job. Any ideas?

Removed a load of greenhouse glass that had slipped and secured it with stronger w clips. The greenhouse is slightly warped and the pane's don't line up properly with the lip the glass rests against so we've always had blocks propping up the glass. Replaced a few of those with new blocks but there's got to be something I can buy that would do a far better job. Any ideas?

Some wire in an S shape. One bit hooked round glass and one round the lip of metal inside.

Maybe a coat hanger and some pliers to make some.

Though I suppose that would require enough play on glass to slide it under. Just an idea anyway :)

Last edited:
Some wire in an S shape. One bit hooked round glass and one round the lip of metal inside.

Maybe a coat hanger and some pliers to make some.

Though I suppose that would require enough play on glass to slide it under. Just an idea anyway :)
Yeah, thought about that. Sort of like extra long Z clips, I just can't find them because I'm not googling the right thing or they don't exist :o

Need to be really thin, pliable metal though because the glass would end up getting raised over the lip.

Last edited:
Yeah, thought about that. Sort of like extra long Z clips, I just can't find them because I'm not googling the right thing or they don't exist :o

Need to be really thin, pliable metal though because the glass would end up getting raised over the lip.
What about using something like an earth clamp, just using the flat bendy part?
Should be strong enough and in theory should slide under the glass.

Or maybe buy some stainless steel sheet then cut to size pieces you want, assuming you can get the right thickness to be pliable.

Last edited:

Self taping screw into the frame for the glass to sit against

Three book cases later (FB Marketplace hunts) and I've found the winner. This badboy weighs A TONNE (80kg?) - pure solid oak. I was messed around by loads of van drivers (£50-60 for a 2 mile journey...) so ended up leveraging the neighborhood WhatsApp group. Scored the owner of a £1.4m property a few doors down's assistance in his Seat Alhambra! It literally JUST fitted (a gnats whisker). Super chuffed.

W6Bkdgl.jpeg

2v3aQFY.jpeg

Three book cases later (FB Marketplace hunts) and I've found the winner. This badboy weighs A TONNE (80kg?) - pure solid oak. I was messed around by loads of van drivers (£50-60 for a 2 mile journey...) so ended up leveraging the neighborhood WhatsApp group. Scored the owner of a £1.4m property a few doors down's assistance in his Seat Alhambra! It literally JUST fitted (a gnats whisker). Super chuffed.
How much was it?

Back
Top Bottom