What "man jobs" have you done today?

Following on from here.

Fitted a little 4 column radiator in the kitchen, opposite side of the room to the triple 15 column monster.

(Yes that wall needs a proper skim!)

iYvOmzXl.jpg
6ZuTOCVl.jpg

We did a good job planning the distance apart and from the wall for the feeds :cool:

1mh3oW6l.jpg
qBwn8iJl.jpg

PlF8ro2l.jpg

Measured the tails about a dozen times before taking the pipe cutter to them.

Initially I though I was going to struggle to get the radiator in between the valves without needing to trim the bushes, which I was reluctant to do, and the feeds from the floor had virtually no play in them too. But it actually worked out nicely and *touch wood* 2 days later no leaks. PTFE on the end caps and a liquid pipe seal on the bushes and bleed valve.

Last edited:
Three book cases later (FB Marketplace hunts) and I've found the winner. This badboy weighs A TONNE (80kg?) - pure solid oak. I was messed around by loads of van drivers (£50-60 for a 2 mile journey...) so ended up leveraging the neighborhood WhatsApp group. Scored the owner of a £1.4m property a few doors down's assistance in his Seat Alhambra! It literally JUST fitted (a gnats whisker). Super chuffed.
We got something very similar from FB for about the same price, was over £500 new!

Finally finishing, took to long cost way to much. Now the hall way and finish of 6 fire door frames :)

9kuCIax.mp4

Last edited:
I went to considerable trouble to make a garden seat, some 18 years ago, it's been badly negelected, but I galvanised the water jet cut steelwork, and used good hardwood for the slats. So one of today's jobs while `er indoors is dong "charitable things" in Leeds is to steam it off. Of course my 80 foot steam cleaner hose blew a fitting off so i have had to take it to have new fittings crimped on, so a delay in getting cracking, as usual :( Let's see how it goes, I don't want to use detergent and kill off what's left of the grass the dogs have not already mullered....Seeing as I stupidly tried the hose out on some paving slabs it would be rude to leave just one clean one, so i will have to do them all now. Stupid old git....

seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

slabs.jpg

Not sure why I posted about cleaning a garden seat in here, I think it would have been a lot better in the "What man jobs" thread.

Is it possible for a moderator to move it please? Apologies for the inconvenience, must have been having another senior moment!

Chris

can you just pop round my house and test that steamer on my slabs in case it buggers up yours - Always do a test first. ;)

I am just about to fire the beast up again. Did a bit of the wall yesterday after finishing the seat, and although it looks great now that little bit took 20 minutes. There's some sort of white lichen grown on the brick and it doesn't want to be evicted....The seat looks a lot better in the flesh than it does in the photo, but needs varnishing now. Fiddly job.

wall2.jpg

seat3.jpg

I have in my garden two old dining chairs cable strapped back to back- much more relaxing view. Mine faces the garden and wifes faces the fence.

So that's where these white spot's have come from -Your slabs Chris.

How much is your gaff worth Chris? And do you have any kids? Two independent questions ( :D)

No idea, seriously, I don't know, but a lot more than we paid for it, plus we later bought some adjoining land that's listed separately on the Land Registry.

No kids, and I definitely don't want to adopt an adult unless they're very elderly, very infirm and utterly loaded. ;)

Back
Top Bottom