What "man jobs" have you done today?

Just spent an hour "tidying" the workshop. Cupboards make a lot more sense now (products to make stuff move, products to make stuff not move, products to make stuff look a different colour, products to fasten things); I just need to attach the door fronts to stop it filling with dust from the mitre saw.

I am tempted to buy a permanent shop vac and string up some waste pipe but I don't think I need that god-tier yet :cry:.

I can't wait to finish boarding the loft now I don't need ceiling access anymore... half these boxes will hopefully live up there freeing up

CJg37Ry.jpeg

4hZi3RR.jpeg

^ I should probs be a bit more brutal too. That box with "House Stuff (L)" is house stuff for the loft...including a toaster my mum gave me about 9 years ago, which she had had for about 5 years at the time.

Just spent an hour "tidying" the workshop. Cupboards make a lot more sense now (products to make stuff move, products to make stuff not move, products to make stuff look a different colour, products to fasten things); I just need to attach the door fronts to stop it filling with dust from the mitre saw.

That's a proper shed, that!

I've been thinking about how to organise tools and products recently. One box for just screws and nails etc. I do have boxes but can't always find the box I need etc. Maybe some hooks for scrubbing brushes etc.

Still can't find my bore cam for example. It's hardly a small device as it has a display!!!

Last edited:
I saved those Branson pickle jars -The square ones as they sit better next to each other then hot glued one of whatever was in it to the lid -All I look for is 6mm nut or large washer - Bigger stuff is in large coffee jars stacked at back of shelf
Also made a rotary swivel thing to mount under a shelf and screwed mustard jar lids to it underneath - keep fuses -and any sort of small nuts and screw in there -even hex bits.

dlockers.
Are those before pics ? :)

I saved those Branson pickle jars -The square ones as they sit better next to each other then hot glued one of whatever was in it to the lid -All I look for is 6mm nut or large washer - Bigger stuff is in large coffee jars stacked at back of shelf
Also made a rotary swivel thing to mount under a shelf and screwed mustard jar lids to it underneath - keep fuses -and any sort of small nuts and screw in there -even hex bits.

dlockers.
Are those before pics ? :)
Cheeky :cry:

I did think of you and your stories of saving stuff for too long though. I have a tool box of gummed up needle nose pliers and broken hammers that I refuse to bung :cry:

Keep old tools as there will come a time in your life you find you have nothing to do so you can get these old tools out and restore them. You might not think so but you will.
Yes life does get boring when you get past the do it now jobs..
Another thing is in years to come and you look at what you did and say "why did I do it like that" ?

Skived off and got the soil pipe and wastes sorted. Had to bodge the bath waste as it fouled the soil pipe (pun intended).

avAZvoJ.jpeg

Had just enough mortar to put half a house brick behind the stack, so other than a bit of plumbers gold around the pipe exits - I'm mostly done on the new bathroom.

Old bath still needs toilet removing etc but I can focus on tiling and getting a bill of materials to convert the old bathroom into a bedroom.

LgPfsvk.jpeg

^^ used the heat gun to make the elbow fit into the boss after a bit of Dremel action. Glued it up and seems to be perfect. Will whack it full of plumbers gold to make sure.

Skived off and got the soil pipe and wastes sorted. Had to bodge the bath waste as it fouled the soil pipe (pun intended).

avAZvoJ.jpeg

Had just enough mortar to put half a house brick behind the stack, so other than a bit of plumbers gold around the pipe exits - I'm mostly done on the new bathroom.

Old bath still needs toilet removing etc but I can focus on tiling and getting a bill of materials to convert the old bathroom into a bedroom.

LgPfsvk.jpeg

^^ used the heat gun to make the elbow fit into the boss after a bit of Dremel action. Glued it up and seems to be perfect. Will whack it full of plumbers gold to make sure.

Looking much better, but you might want to include some non return and access fittings there.

I'll consider it - it's mostly a pee toilet vs. a poo toilet (if that makes any difference, lol).

One thing I need to solve is the IKEA waste pipe. I've just bodged it inside of the 40mm that comes from the floor. Is there a proper fitting?

I'll consider it - it's mostly a pee toilet vs. a poo toilet (if that makes any difference, lol).

One thing I need to solve is the IKEA waste pipe. I've just bodged it inside of the 40mm that comes from the floor. Is there a proper fitting?
This one

Plenty reviews that may give an answer, if not a local real plumbers will be able to advise if you take a million photos.

I used a newish one recently that fits to the waste as usual and then just pushes onto the out pipe, tighter than a (insert usual names here) and doesn't leak.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom