What "man jobs" have you done today?

Did a bit more work around the summerhouse getting weed membrane and limestone down. A bit more to do around the front of the pond, and some planting around the edges of the pond to hide the liner.

Need to get the old water pump painted and installed as well. Might put some trellis in the corner behind the sun lounger as well to hide next doors garden a bit.

Front lawn renovation done this morning. Was meant to rain this afternoon so only had a small window to do it in. Got it done only for the weather to be dry this afternoon :(

The ground was wetter than I would have liked. We'll see how both the front and rear do regarding germination over the next 10-14 days or so (Fescue and Bent mix so longer germination than Ryegrass)

Trimmed the standard Bay tree down to 2.5m
Loaded the freshly topped up raised beds 3 different types of Heuchera I had coming on elsewhere
Fault finding on an illuminated mirror, to find out the ballast has died. New one ordered
Chopped the drying 7 odd metre long recently felled African grass in half

Got my tools out :p

1000069739-01.jpg

To fit the two gazebo heaters - before

1000069740-01.jpg

After

1000069744-01.jpg

Work well but need two short extensions to get the cabling neat and to the plug socket (hence only one on in the pic)

Then fitted a gate spring as a number of occupants of the house appear incapable of closing it behind them and risking the dog escaping...

1000069746-01.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday on "Man Jobs I Should Have Done, But Life Had Other Plans"...

...my date with the lawnmower was interrupted by a sudden trip to my local A&E, for an emergency CT scan of my wobbly brain. Thankfully it wasn't a stroke, but just a nasty case of Bell's Palsy.

I've now got 2 weeks of antivirals & strong steroids to take, on top of my usual cocktail of meds.

...And I can't seem to find my dog.

(Edit: IT'S OKAY TO FIND THIS FUNNY - I'm laughing...

...my face just can't show it :cry:)

Last edited:
Yesterday on "Man Jobs I Should Have Done, But Life Had Other Plans"...

...my date with the lawnmower was interrupted by a sudden trip to my local A&E, for an emergency CT scan of my wobbly brain. Thankfully it wasn't a stroke, but just a nasty case of Bell's Palsy.

I've now got 2 weeks of antivirals & strong steroids to take, on top of my usual cocktail of meds.

...And I can't seem to find my dog.
Hope it passes quickly, my mum used to have that virtually ever week.

Leave some food out and it will come back eventually, our hamster did.:)

Last edited:
Workshop lights - a bit Gucci sofa and I ran out to complete this side fully. It looks OK from the back tho!

kYmpFrw.jpg

Not sure I can fit the bifolds tomorrow they weigh too much for a one man lift :(

I've just placed £50 at a bookies that on the darkest of nights, you, your wife or her boyfriend will continue straight on at those steps, due to the hovering sheds illumination :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom