What "man jobs" have you done today?

Workshop lights - a bit Gucci sofa and I ran out to complete this side fully. It looks OK from the back tho!

kYmpFrw.jpg

Not sure I can fit the bifolds tomorrow they weigh too much for a one man lift :(
Is that a... niche? :o

Is that a... niche? :o
:mad:

---------

Had a day of it today -- I really didn't want to overboard this room, but alas, I ended up overboarding. It is probably for the better - I needed to delete the loft hatch anyways.

g23QBwZ.mp4

Yeeted the loft hatch out and smashed some discover holes in. 15" centers and some floating edges which I'll have to gripfill. None of the lathes have failed, just the lime.

HfucJmM.jpg

Annoyingly I had to rewire the lights as well - it was a bodge of different things and connector blocks. I also had to delete the shaver socket. I haven't chased a switch in as I'll just be using Hue (lols bodge), so relocated a proper switch up here for emergencies too.

dUGLKfa.jpg

First fix on the sparks done, and some joists put in. I can finally insulate and board over this area, yippee.

z5FHLls.jpg

I used a different technique this time --- god knows how I go away with doing the bathroom so "easily" - the bathroom was literally 2 boards, with some recesses cut in using the track saw. Not for the life of me could I get it to work this time - so I ended up with a jigsaw puzzle of joint and tapes. Seems OK though -- first coat of joint and tape. Will slather it up tomorrow.

Anyways, new least favourite job unlocked (again).

1. Overboarding ceilings
2. Joist hangers
3. Sanding

:mad:

---------

Had a day of it today -- I really didn't want to overboard this room, but alas, I ended up overboarding. It is probably for the better - I needed to delete the loft hatch anyways.

g23QBwZ.mp4

Yeeted the loft hatch out and smashed some discover holes in. 15" centers and some floating edges which I'll have to gripfill. None of the lathes have failed, just the lime.

HfucJmM.jpg

Annoyingly I had to rewire the lights as well - it was a bodge of different things and connector blocks. I also had to delete the shaver socket. I haven't chased a switch in as I'll just be using Hue (lols bodge), so relocated a proper switch up here for emergencies too.

dUGLKfa.jpg

First fix on the sparks done, and some joists put in. I can finally insulate and board over this area, yippee.

z5FHLls.jpg

I used a different technique this time --- god knows how I go away with doing the bathroom so "easily" - the bathroom was literally 2 boards, with some recesses cut in using the track saw. Not for the life of me could I get it to work this time - so I ended up with a jigsaw puzzle of joint and tapes. Seems OK though -- first coat of joint and tape. Will slather it up tomorrow.

Anyways, new least favourite job unlocked (again).

1. Overboarding ceilings
2. Joist hangers
3. Sanding

Overboarding is evil, but the end results are worth it.

Tidied / cable clipped most the cabling in the gazebo

Then added three pendant drops (left with plenty of slack until "we" agree on a shade "we" both like"

Then wired the pendants and festoon lights into a double rocker switch (one for the pendants and one for the festoon lights)

1000070113-01.jpg

Located in the back corner of the corner seating for easy access

1000070114-01.jpg

Messy pendants ahoy

1000070087-01.jpg

With the pendants and festoon on

1000070090-01.jpg

And with heaters on

1000070092-01.jpg

Took a.good few hours and the pendant cabling and drops need to be sorted once the light shades are bought, but the majority of.the hard work done and it actually works!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Edit: yes the different colour pendant bulbs are annoying but the only three E27 bulbs I had to test the wiring and switch

Six pack of matching Edison bulbs incoming ....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom