What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Door handle on.....had to fill the hinge holes on the frame as it looks like they were carved out with a butchers knife. Hopefully the trim router can work with the filler -- the holes were dowled up anyway.

TFtBhPM.jpg

Associate
Door handle on.....had to fill the hinge holes on the frame as it looks like they were carved out with a butchers knife. Hopefully the trim router can work with the filler -- the holes were dowled up anyway.

TFtBhPM.jpg
Please read my previous post for how long this type of job should take:)

Soldato
Please read my previous post for how long this type of job should take:)
Please note I am 6 months in and have just fitted a door handle. The door is still in the workshop, sans hinges and still has holes from previous door handle. I shall not mismanage expectations of my wife/family, and this job shall run its due course. Please also note another door in progress in the rear.

Soldato
I needed an access hole in the loft flooring above the light of the ensuite to wire in a humidistat. Time to get out my tired and beaten router and the Routabout. The router bit for the Routabout is just as beaten as the router, this'll probably be it's last cut...

embed

Associate
Please note I am 6 months in and have just fitted a door handle. The door is still in the workshop, sans hinges and still has holes from previous door handle. I shall not mismanage expectations of my wife/family, and this job shall run its due course. Please also note another door in progress in the rear.
Ok, compared to other jobs you're positively dawdling along:)

Soldato

TFtBhPM.jpg

Rather than filler, which has a habit of cracking around hinges, you may find it better to inlay some wood you've got laying around.
This will make it easier to cut in and a better looking fit for the hinges.

Soldato
The pressure washing of slabs yesterday went ok - Trouble is wife uses slabs to do her potting on of plants -she brushes it up but it leaves dirt in grain of slab face - They were filthy.

Today I was cutting front lawns at 9.30 trying to get it done before dustmen turned up to empty green bin.
Got top one done then they turned up - so first lot of cutting in a empty bin.

Just created a new hole in the garage racking to put my new vac in -It just fitted in nicely :cry:

Soldato

Just add some legs to that and you've got yourself a workbench!
Daft as it seems it's not a bad idea -If you can get a hard wood door from your local FB and the outer frame is solid you could use 4x4 fence posts for frame and legs underneath then screw some 18mm ply on top.
I am sure you could edge it
Mine is basically the same idea but made from beech - There is a 2x1 strip all along top rear of bench and I drilled through garage wall and bolted it to the wall - One solid bench.

Last edited:
Soldato
Daft as it seems it's not a bad idea -If you can get a hard wood door from your local FB and the outer frame is solid you could use 4x4 fence posts for frame and legs underneath then screw some 18mm ply on top.
I am sure you could edge it
Mine is basically the same idea but made from beech - There is a 2x1 strip all along top rear of bench and I drilled through garage wall and bolted it to the wall - One solid bench.
Yeah in my dedicated thread on it, the first video shared was a fire door attached to a frame. Not daft at all it seems!

Associate
A few years ago I fitted some fancy wee tiles on a mesh backing in our kitchen. It was only about a week later I noticed I'd fitted one upside down, which was noticeable against the proper way up ones as the edge was slightly lighter.

I ignored it for years.

Today I decided to colour the edge in with a pencil = fixed.

Associate
Quick sanity check on a plasterer quote I just got. Reskim ceiling 2m x 4m, replace a .7m section of plasterboard then skim and make good from a wall removal for £250.

That actually sounds quite low for what others have said recently in a few threads. Or just shut up and bit his arm off?

Back
Top Bottom