What "man jobs" have you done today?

Guys, the tarmac on our drive has seen better days but is there an easy way to kill the grass that grows in the damaged parts?

No matter what I do in terms of “weeding” it comes back so feel I need something stronger than me!

IMG_7052.jpeg

Weed killer, knock out any very small openings then fill with some cold lay macadam (tarmac) that can be diy'd and is the easiest option.

I have a guest staying Friday evening so need to get a hustle on with fitting a bathroom and bedroom door :eek: :cry:

The old one was battered so I am flipping it. Just filling the old hole up with some CLS offcuts... this was the state as of yesterday so hoping to get another slap of filler on so I can sand them down, refit the hinges and get it hung this evening.

GqDwZIM.jpg

Guys, the tarmac on our drive has seen better days but is there an easy way to kill the grass that grows in the damaged parts?

No matter what I do in terms of “weeding” it comes back so feel I need something stronger than me!

IMG_7052.jpeg

Easiest is to remove all weeds and fill, but be prepared to see them possibly return, so good weedkiller could be used.
Hardest is to dig out around that area, lay a membrane and then backfill.

Ah Leatherman, that is the name of the designer ones isn't it? I just remembered I added one to my Amazon wish list.......

utS0Huq.png

So 7 years of it being in my basket I still haven't checked out (or found a need for it). Cool looking things tho!

Join team yellow!

I actually use it a lot (when i've not misplaced it)

Also jealous. I keep meaning to buy a set of colour coded allen/torx
I love the juxtaposition of super high end and pound shop.

Found mine earlier on its only setting:

YDGS5oo.jpg
I used to have one of these! It was decent for a teenager, for maybe a year. Then it fell to bits and I kept the cool carbon fibre print plates somewhere.

Only tested it as far as turning it on. -Did try the blower and it's a lot more powerful than old one.
I would hazard a guess that without the knozzel on it will suck up reasonable size bit's of mortar.
I have the same job to do but it's a Round Tuit job.
It is a lot smaller than my old Titan which had 1100w and SS body where this is 1000w and plastic but at first go it seems better but will not know till I do a bigger job.

Cheers! We've got somebody coming to relay part of the patio after some building work and they will also repoint the rest of the patio. The further I can get removing the old mortar, the less they will charge as we have roughly 90 sqm to repoint. I did some man maths and ordered up a Dewalt SDS+ drill body (with rotary stop mode) that was on offer along with an SDS+ chisel set. Just have to avoid getting carried away and wrecking the stone slabs.

Back
Top Bottom