What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Spent longer in the queue than chopping the boot full of branches:(

giphy-3.gif

Associate
I've managed to cram another shrub in the back of the Mokka:) . The wife's not best pleased with the first one going let alone this one:)

Last edited:
Soldato
OXGBNGF.jpeg

The weather report said sunny for the next few days, but of course as soon as I start the sky turns gray and and its now saying rain tonight. Grr. I have been waiting for a few days of sun for ages to do this and its just impossible in this country. It soaked in and dried pretty fast, so hopefully the rain won't wash it off. I used a felt pad especially made for decking and its a game changer. Had the whole thing done in no time.

Soldato
Spent an hour just pottering and tidying up all the mess from around the garden room. Car is loaded for the tip tomorrow. Unfortunately the neighbor has COVID so I don't think I am going to get the help I need to lift the bifolds :(. I'll get the roof insulated and the cill fitted if I am lucky! I then want to place a Materials Market order for the interior wall insulation, and some more 2x4 for noggins (think I am just a bit short). I'll have to order cladding as well, as that can't drag on much longer.

bR6cbyg.jpg

^Keeping the offcuts of PIR just in case, lol.... I think I have decided I am going to use the same/similar technique to build a garden shed in that back corner. I left 1.5m space from boundary, so I can get away with a ~1.2width shed by about 2 or 3m. It'll be a lot lower relatively speaking and saves me having a brain aneurysm on how to level the ground out.

1yOP5sZ.jpg

I am still TBC on what to do here. I asked a man to quote for rubbish removal and got absolute rocket science price list sent to me regarding costs. I'll digest his text tomorrow I think :cry:

Probably makes sense I get a shift in to dig out the concrete etc to make it worth while. I haven't decided whether I want decking or indian sandstone here. I imagine the trees will make decking a real pain.

Fingers crossed the tarp is gone by end of the weekend but without a neighbor I don't know! Weather is sketchy too so another week without glueing the roof maybe.

I have also decided to tackle the daughers bedroom but the lucky S.O.B has a 14.2sqm room so it'll be a bit of a shift... Maybe I'll knock a wall or two out.

Associate
Spent an hour just pottering and tidying up all the mess from around the garden room. Car is loaded for the tip tomorrow. Unfortunately the neighbor has COVID so I don't think I am going to get the help I need to lift the bifolds :(. I'll get the roof insulated and the cill fitted if I am lucky! I then want to place a Materials Market order for the interior wall insulation, and some more 2x4 for noggins (think I am just a bit short). I'll have to order cladding as well, as that can't drag on much longer.

bR6cbyg.jpg

^Keeping the offcuts of PIR just in case, lol.... I think I have decided I am going to use the same/similar technique to build a garden shed in that back corner. I left 1.5m space from boundary, so I can get away with a ~1.2width shed by about 2 or 3m. It'll be a lot lower relatively speaking and saves me having a brain aneurysm on how to level the ground out.

1yOP5sZ.jpg

I am still TBC on what to do here. I asked a man to quote for rubbish removal and got absolute rocket science price list sent to me regarding costs. I'll digest his text tomorrow I think :cry:

Probably makes sense I get a shift in to dig out the concrete etc to make it worth while. I haven't decided whether I want decking or indian sandstone here. I imagine the trees will make decking a real pain.

Fingers crossed the tarp is gone by end of the weekend but without a neighbor I don't know! Weather is sketchy too so another week without glueing the roof maybe.

I have also decided to tackle the daughers bedroom but the lucky S.O.B has a 14.2sqm room so it'll be a bit of a shift... Maybe I'll knock a wall or two out.
Don't you ever slow down?:)

Back
Top Bottom