What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Don't you ever slow down?:)

Haha you are very kind but this project has dragged on way too much now....

FTFY :p

Good work btw, my wife would still kill me if I had so many projects on the go at once.
She must be a gluten for punishment. I haven't finished the other room yet (window cills/niche ledge/carpet/cupboard) but she is showing me wallpaper samples for the girls room. Nutter. I'd divorce me so quick

Last edited:
Associate
Haha you are very kind but this project has dragged on way too much now....

She must be a gluten for punishment. I haven't finished the other room yet (window cills/niche ledge/carpet/cupboard) but she is showing me wallpaper samples for the girls room. Nutter. I'd divorce me so quick
Your wife's a glutton for punishment not a piece of bread;)

Caporegime
Started the ensuite rip out for a full replacement. I'm equally excited and dreading what lies ahead!

DkoM0GIh.jpeg

Soldato
The wife has this really big glazed plant pot in greenhouse.
So yesterday she filled it full of nice fresh wet compost -Planted all her plants the tried to pick it up to put it outside.
She called me to go and help and that's when we fell out -FFS woman.
Today she started again and put pot on a little 4 wheel trolly I made just for these sort of jobs.
I could see her on camera struggling again so went and offered my frail body.
I sorted it and helped but it was a nightmare. If she had asked me and another bloke to do it we would have done it in seconds as two blokes can read what the other bloke is doing just by body language. Not my wife -she assumes as soon as I have bent down I am ready to lift -No way -nearly lost it.I have to explain in great detail what we are going to do and have to count 3 - Now my interpretation of 3 is 1-2-3-lift - Hers is 1-2-lift, She also lift's instantly on3

By the way there is a two brick wall all round base of greenhouse + the alloy runner for the door so every thing has to be lifted at least a foot high. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Associate
The wife has this really big glazed plant pot in greenhouse.
So yesterday she filled it full of nice fresh wet compost -Planted all her plants the tried to pick it up to put it outside.
She called me to go and help and that's when we fell out -FFS woman.
Today she started again and put pot on a little 4 wheel trolly I made just for these sort of jobs.
I could see her on camera struggling again so went and offered my frail body.
I sorted it and helped but it was a nightmare. If she had asked me and another bloke to do it we would have done it in seconds as two blokes can read what the other bloke is doing just by body language. Not my wife -she assumes as soon as I have bent down I am ready to lift -No way -nearly lost it.I have to explain in great detail what we are going to do and have to count 3 - Now my interpretation of 3 is 1-2-3-lift - Hers is 1-2-lift, She also lift's instantly on3

By the way there is a two brick wall all round base of greenhouse + the alloy runner for the door so every thing has to be lifted at least a foot high. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
My wife won't do pots on the table then lift them down into position then water, she bends over to do them then complains her back hurts:)

Associate
If she had asked me and another bloke to do it we would have done it in seconds as two blokes can read what the other bloke is doing just by body language. Not my wife -she assumes as soon as I have bent down I am ready to lift -No way -nearly lost it.I have to explain in great detail what we are going to do and have to count 3 - Now my interpretation of 3 is 1-2-3-lift - Hers is 1-2-lift, She also lift's instantly on3

I feel your pain as I have the same experience with my wife!

However I've noted that a growing number of men also have no idea how to lift/work in unison as it's just not something they have done regularly. My father in law is in his late 70s and has never done DIY and paid people to do everything and he has this issue as do a lot my younger friends/colleagues.

Soldato
Pottering today but managed to get a good tight fit on the oak cills.

4bqztrt.jpeg

qH2pVCm.jpeg

Used some tung oil I last used when I did my bedroom age 18 lol. Seems ok.

---

Whilst the track saw was out I trimmed the bathroom door. First dump with the door shut in months!

Z7SmxZs.jpeg

Still needs a paint, skirting board, bath side panel etc lol.

Soldato
Like your man at work sign :cry:

Also like your image with the rolling clouds. It's a very picturesque part of the world you live in

Yes I'll be slightly gutted when the tree surgeon comes and retrieves it :cry: I may have to buy one to really annoy Mrs TB :D

And thank you, yes we are very lucky to live where we do :)

Back
Top Bottom