What "man jobs" have you done today?

Caporegime
Bravely sent a real man up a ladder to fit a vent tile onto my roof after I 1. chickened out and 2. was categorically told not to do it by the women in my life.

HGI2jmOh.jpeg

Associate
Got all the plumbing in for mates bathroom. Hot + cold feeds, waste, new manifold underfloor for the upstairs heating and ripped out all the old pipe work. Then insulated under floor and fixed the bathroom floor down before installing the shower tray and bath. Now having beer and a bbq after a bit of weeding and watering the garden.

Soldato
Couldn't help myself so stripped 80% of the wood chip off. I'm going to leave the ceiling (sacrilege I know, but I just don't have time and I'm not aiming for perfect ceilings anywhere really). Just debating whether to rip the floorboards up as they are pretty gappy and patched in a few places.

Jyz9xJD.jpeg

bKTzA5X.jpeg

Question - does skirting go tight to the floor prior to carpet?

Soldato
Excuse all the dust & mess.

Started to try and fix up the wall (house rewire & general rawl plugs everywhere) and paint it before the 3 metre black oak desktop arrives Monday after next.
One side will be for PC gaming, and the other for old skool console gaming and YouTube stuffs..

YZan0fT.jpg

So far I've got 30ft LED strips, some fancy wall lighting from AliExpress, 2 Ikea MICKE drawers, some nearly flush monitor wall mounts, new 32" TV, another Creative Labs soundbar and some other stuffs I've forgotten.
Just need to get some decent framed gaming wall art (any tips would be helpful) and I think that'll do.

Soldato
The real man cost me £80 labour and £70 parts, plus the respect of wife, and probably the kids and the house itself at some point.
How did you even manage to get him to come out for such a small job? I could barely get one to answer the phone when I tried - 2/10 phone calls answered.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Couldn't help myself so stripped 80% of the wood chip off. I'm going to leave the ceiling (sacrilege I know, but I just don't have time and I'm not aiming for perfect ceilings anywhere really). Just debating whether to rip the floorboards up as they are pretty gappy and patched in a few places.

Jyz9xJD.jpeg

bKTzA5X.jpeg

Yeah I went to floor for carpet, so they can put the grippers down and tuck the excess between the gripper and skirting. I'll let you know if it looks any good on Tuesday :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
How did you even manage to get him to come out for such a small job? I could barely get one to answer the phone when I tried - 2/10 phone calls answered.
Got the wife to post on local Facebook asking for recommendations lol

Turns out tradies are more interested when they think they're about to star in a desperate housewives film, then you bait and switch them with yours truly.

Soldato

Jyz9xJD.jpeg

bKTzA5X.jpeg

Another room started :D

Yes skirting to floor for carpet

Back
Top Bottom