What "man jobs" have you done today?

Will do the other half
Oh matron!

---

So neighbours complained again today. Not sure what they have against my 4 year old, but she is about to have the best room in the entire house (and possibly even finished finished :o).

Got all the wall paper up to picture rail height and the sockets all final fixed on.

4IxpMnc.jpg

sKndZFN.jpg

I also spun the door yesterday and put the new hardware on. I have 4 doors with matching handles out of 6 now :cool:

Plan to get the ceiling painted down to picture rail, glue the rail on, fit the skirting and get the carpet in now (y).

Had finally found a Tapi carpet I liked but the pretend sale ended.... :mad:

With rain forecast on and off for the rest of the week I decided to skive a bit this morning and cut the grass .....

The weather was that good so then decided to paint the rest of the railings give the first section and gate another coat and do the timer upstands to the big log store roof

1000075494-01.jpg

1000075498-01.jpg

Went back in and the beer fridge was making a hell of a racket. As expected it was iced up, so emptied it, chipped the majority of the ice out. Pulled the fridge out,.emptied the drain reservoir and rerouted the drain pipes to a glass while I put bowls of boiling water in the fridge to melt the remaining ice from around the fans

1000075500-01.jpg

1000075501-01.jpg

Will put it all back in a bit when everything is fully melted

Stuck a temp box end on the roofline..

I'm considering getting soffit, facias and boxend done on my small 2 bed mid terrace property. (Currently wooden) . I already have new uPVC black flowplast guttering that I did myself at the lower ground entrance porch .

So I would need a quote for

Lower ground entrance soffit and facia (not a huge area).

Top front - cut out of replace any old damage wood with treated timber. Then uPVC soffit / facias , box end and fit some already purchased black square flowplast guttering, hooks, end cap ( I already have this )

Top rear cut out of replace any old damage wood with treated timber. Then uPVC soffit / facias , box end and fit some already purchased black square flowplast guttering, hooks, end cap ( I already have this )

I have had one quote back of £1450.

I'd probably want to try a few more quotes to see if I can get it down or better .

I did a quick search online and some people suggesting they have had some work done for £1000-£1100?

Also..is removing any rotted wood , replacing with treated timber and overcapping with uPVC going to be ok? I read online some people prefer to do this others not ? Because of moisture buildup that could cause later issues?

Would removing a couple of the shelves allow you to get more beer etc in the fridge (cans/bottle standing up) or would that overwhelm the unit? (not sure how good these little fridges are)
We do, if we're having a "do", sometimes.remove some shelves and stack with wine / sparkly stuff and it performs really well

Any beer usually gets chucked in a big plastic "bin" with a load of ice and water :D

Back
Top Bottom