What "man jobs" have you done today?

You could have added the extra height with a strip of pine at the bottom and if not glued as well as screwed, you still can.
I've added the extra height; the butt joint pictured is how I dealt with needing a lower height to miss the doors but then needing a higher height to cover where I hadn't wallpaper, lol! Would have looked better small all the way along this wall....c'est la vie!

Fitted some of my shed floor and put expanding foam insulation/tape in the gaps

DrHnhoW.jpeg

E1crHM8.jpeg

I contend that it is a woman's job, but if you want it doing right... ;)

Spent three hours this morning cleaning a double oven.

On the other hand yesterday I sealed the external door frames and storm sills.

Backed car up to back gate then barrowed the wifes full trugs of garden rubbish to the car.

Just having a tea break then load car up and go to Tip.
Getting as much rubbish up there because it seems our council thinks it's a good idea that we pay again for using the tip I have already paid for.
Quick drop off at PO for a hot sausage roll - They are really nice and peppery.

Moved partner over to my big corner desk and put up a white board for her to put notes and postcards on, started setting myself up in the box room. The summer house is okay for about 3 months of the year, otherwise its way too hot or cold. It wants knocking down and replacing really but that's £££££.

Last edited:
Paid the council £810 and received an email from Building Control to "not continue any further works until we have inspected".

Hope they can turn up Monday else my 4 days off work becomes pointless...

Swapped out the 8 port ZyXeL for a 24 port Netgear that was on offer (prompted by @LuckyBenski ).

1VSA8pr.jpg

Ain't no cloudflare taking down this network!

Also innovative anti dust actions on the Plex server, it is now upside down. I also realised the HP EliteDesk thing has a VESA mount so that'll get mounted properly at some point.

I still need to terminate the trunk cables from the attic but it means crawling on the kitchen floor and removing pelmets etc... Upstairs can be a WiFi zone for a bit longer :D

Yesterday, ripped up the floating floor in the garage with no DPM. Building Control coming Monday to inspect and advise me what floor would be acceptable to build.

Previous builder used gaffa tape to seal between the PIR boards!

Made a tip run yesterday to get rid of excessive cardboard from when the bin got half emptied a few weeks ago.

This sort of stuff kills my garage space so quite cathartic.

Not been on here much as been trying to desmoke a ten year old Am2+ pc I built a relative that they no longer want.

It's going in the garage I suspect, just as a research tool when doing console / controller repairs.

Aye i wouldnt bother with 2AH Battery's on a circular saw rip cut. Soon as you hit a knot in wood the battery will die.
What's really telling is that the battery drops low enough that the saw blinks "dead", but will bounce back a minute later to middle voltage LED. Except with a scary amount of heat soaking out of it.

Back
Top Bottom