What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Yup very lucky.

Yeah makes sense as that’d be pretty much the worst place for glass to shatter/explain why your todgers all cut up!

Need to see if it’s safe to refix it, hard to have faith when I can’t really see why it fell, there doesn’t appear to be any damage to the hinge so it’s like it’s just gradually come loose/lost adhesion in the hinge.

Or find my wife sabotaged it as she wanted to swap for a walk in shower anyway/wants the insurance pay out for me.
Is it held by compression, with a slice of rubber either side of the glass? Depending how old it is, maybe the rubber has become hard and brittle, and not offering as much compression as it should be

Associate
Is it held by compression, with a slice of rubber either side of the glass? Depending how old it is, maybe the rubber has become hard and brittle, and not offering as much compression as it should be
Just pulled the hinge off and yeah looks like it’s a rubber compression fitting and I can see it’s split in the middle in a few places.

Anyone have the right name to search to find a replacement as my googlefoo is failing me today.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I sanded 1/4 a the wood step on a patio door yesterday, cleaned up in about 5 minutes.
Great I thought, tomorrow I'll finish the whole step nice and simple.

So I finish then start tidying up and realise this time the whole room is coated in paint dust

DO NOT BUY Bosch PSM 200 DO NOT BUY
unless your plugging a vac onto it.

the filter box doesn't even click together properly
it flexes with the lid clicked on and forces a small gap down the seems, so paint dust either drops on the floor or flies into the air.

Literally only bought it becaus eI thought Bosch must surely be one of the good ones, but the cheapness on the filter box is just insane... even kinder eggs have better quality control on the plastic eggs...

Last edited:
Soldato
I sanded 1/4 a the wood step on a patio door yesterday, cleaned up in about 5 minutes.
Great I thought, tomorrow I'll finish the whole step nice and simple.

So I finish then start tidying up and realise this time the whole room is coated in paint dust

DO NOT BUY Bosch PSM 200 DO NOT BUY
unless your plugging a vac onto it.

the filter box doesn't even click together properly
it flexes with the lid clicked on and forces a small gap down the seems, so paint dust either drops on the floor or flies into the air.

Literally only bought it becaus eI thought Bosch must surely be one of the good ones, but the cheapness on the filter box is just insane... even kinder eggs have better quality control on the plastic eggs...

This could have been avoided if you had bought a Blue version, which isn't that much more than the green.

Caporegime
This could have been avoided if you had bought a Blue version, which isn't that much more than the green.
Never saw it when I was searching for one to buy.

I guess Blue is the professional range?

I can't believe Bosch really sell such a poorly designed dust box tbh

Btw is paint supposed to be so hard to remove with a sander? that one inside balcony door step took me a little over an hour and 2 pads (40 grit), first pad I must have used a tiny bit too much pressure and had some paint clump on it

probably around 3-5 layers of paint though

Last edited:
Associate
Bosch green is out sourced.

Suppose to use paint remover before sanding really. Apply then follow instructions which are usually let it sit for 12-24 hours.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom