What "man jobs" have you done today?

IMG-20240727-172028.jpg

IMG-20240727-172221.jpg

felted the roof on the shed

Just in case anyone else is wondering -I have never had a nailed felt roof leak -I bought a summer house and had it fitted and they used staples and after first winter you could see the water marks on inside of roof.
I had to put more felt on and used clout nails as normal - been fine - So if anyone buys anything with a felt roof make sure fitters (if you get one) do not use staples and the rain went down the staple leg - They stapled it because roof was so thin a clout would have gone through.
Two layers of felt fixed that though - It turned out to be a good buy as it's now filled with the wifes rubbish. :)

Just in case anyone else is wondering -I have never had a nailed felt roof leak -I bought a summer house and had it fitted and they used staples and after first winter you could see the water marks on inside of roof.
I had to put more felt on and used clout nails as normal - been fine - So if anyone buys anything with a felt roof make sure fitters (if you get one) do not use staples and the rain went down the staple leg - They stapled it because roof was so thin a clout would have gone through.
Two layers of felt fixed that though - It turned out to be a good buy as it's now filled with the wifes rubbish. :)

Had this as well on a shed that i've recently replaced the roof structure on. Where the staples went through it eventually enlarged a hole through the felt. Replaced roof with 12mm osb, used 13mm clout nails for felt and job will last out the rest of this sheds life time.

Finished my robot lawnmower garage
It will open door and close it after return to base

What mower have you got? Or any recommendations? we have a nice flat 10m x 10m lawn area that is begging for the simplicity of just letting a robotic mower loose!

And then I need details of your door mechanism etc.. that looks amazing!

I had a second hand Flymo 1200R which lasted 4 years and the base circuit board fried when it attacked by slugs and spiders. This one is a YardForce 260B and I got it for £240 on Amazon Warehouse, so far so good, it does have its drawback but at this price point you have to make it work by adjusting your lawn. If I have the budget I would go for the Honda or Ecovac which cost £1000 upwards.

Editing the Video as I type, I love AI video editing as I can multitask on BB boards and still get work done :)

Put One-Way window film up in the west-facing bathroom & mezzanine windows - a simple enough job with the right tools, but 10 minutes up a ladder has absolutely killed me (zero core strength).

Should reduce the amount of heat we get of an evening and stop the neighbours seeing my bare backside after a shower...
(I'm fully aware the film doesn't work at night if we have lights on. Don't ask how I found out :cry: )
Edit: L hand bathroom window pane needs wider film - the wife asked me to "just put whatevers left up to tide us over". Mission accomplished.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom