What "man jobs" have you done today?

water coming out of the loft unit and my installer went silent on me, after a bit of advice from a Facebook group it was diagnosed as internal condensation pump not needed but left connected. I do not want to touch the electric to unplug the pump so I added a T in the black drain pipe and connected the pump outlet with a washing machine drain pipe. No more drip in the loft and all water going outside as it should.

Also finished the video on the lawn robot which has a mechanical auto door open and close system

Wife and daughter now enjoying the air con way too much, it is like a fridge when walking into their rooms.... may be I should have not fix that loft drip :P

Is that on the interior or exterior of the glass? I'm anticipating needing this in time for next summer...
It goes on the inside - use a water spray (lots - it helps) and a squeegee blade to set it in place and shift the air bubbles, then a scalpel to carefully trim the edges.

We've done all the bedroom windows and it does make a difference to the amount of light coming in, which does reduce the heat a little. But the two windows without blinds/curtains are where we needed it most.

Getting more ruthless clearing out the shed, got rid of one large wheelie bins worth of stuff. Sheds still over full though. Thought I had managed to fix the leak in the shower however it had other ideas…

Tested out my new giant step ladder which means I can finally attempt to level out the hedge at the top of the garden. As always, things are much easier with the correct tools, rather than trying to balance precariously, swinging a hedge trimmer over my head.

Last few days, run a cable for a light/demister bathroom mirror. Fitted said mirror, stupid mounting holes in mirror weren't level.......
Changed a couple of rads in bathrooms as all rusty on the bottom and we didn't like the colour I'd painted them.
Sorted out some rusting plaster board edging, bit odd it did it.....
Touched up some paint to tidy things up.
Think that was about it.

Which ladder? i need one to trim some apple trees and am looking for a stable one
2.32m Werner 8 step platform step ladder from Screwfix. With the pole trimmer it gives me a decent amount of reach.

hZEzICih.jpg

This is a deeply divisive statement, can you really be a man who does "man jobs" if you throw out all your offcuts!!!!!!! ;)
I was flying back from Mumbai when I wrote that. I've just woke up with fresh eyes and came to my senses. I am just going to move it to another area of the workshop* for the 100th time :)

---

Also ordered my 4mm SWA and CU to wire up the summer house. Not sure if I'll get to it this weekend but fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Shifted the packs of flooring I picked up from Liverpool on Monday - I meant to do it on Weds after recovering in bed on Tuesday, but the universe had other plans; dealing with the bank after my sister got scammed for several thousand (she has severe epilepsy and learning difficulties - the scammers convinced her to add remote access software on her laptop :mad: ). They cleaned out her bill account via Paypal, but thankfully I've got control of the accounts that hold the funds for her 24/7 care.

Lloyds have been excellent - their fraud & vulnerable customer department have blocked any further transactions, without mucking up all the direct debits & standing orders she has set up. PayPal have been appalling - despite plenty of proof, they've refused to reverse the transactions, but gave a £160 "gesture of good will". I've argued that if PayPal thought everything was legit, they'd have refused to return a single penny.

Hopefully Lloyds will see sense and reimburse the stolen funds.
Action Fraud & Police have been sympathetic, but ultimately useless.

Shifted the packs of flooring I picked up from Liverpool on Monday - I meant to do it on Weds after recovering in bed on Tuesday, but the universe had other plans; dealing with the bank after my sister got scammed for several thousand (she has severe epilepsy and learning difficulties - the scammers convinced her to add remote access software on her laptop :mad: ). They cleaned out her bill account via Paypal, but thankfully I've got control of the accounts that hold the funds for her 24/7 care.

Lloyds have been excellent - their fraud & vulnerable customer department have blocked any further transactions, without mucking up all the direct debits & standing orders she has set up. PayPal have been appalling - despite plenty of proof, they've refused to reverse the transactions, but gave a £160 "gesture of good will". I've argued that if PayPal thought everything was legit, they'd have refused to return a single penny.

Hopefully Lloyds will see sense and reimburse the stolen funds.
Action Fraud & Police have been sympathetic, but ultimately useless.
PayPal is garbage - avoid like the plague.

I did mine this year and just couldn't wait for the wet and forget to work so ended up pressure washing everything. -It has made a world of difference and later in the year I will spray the rest of wet and forget over everything till I run out. - The difference it has made is unbelieve able.
Nice looking bench and storage - Old mans tip - To keep it tidy do not under any circumstances put anything on/in there - I speak from experience.:D

I pressure washed it earlier this year and they came up cleaner but there's lichen everywhere that the pressure washer couldn't remove. I'm hoping this stuff shifts lichen and not just algae. Failing that I'll just get some of that bleach you dilute down.

I finally finished the full garage storage install, plus applied Wet & Forget rapid application (it's a bottle that clips onto the end of your garden hose). That was on Monday, no signs of improvement yet.

Clues in the name - wet and forget. Leave it and it'll surprise you when you least expect it.

Back
Top Bottom