What "man jobs" have you done today?

Also the door is sagging - might have to pop off the trim and heal toe it again. I guess it was bound to settle. The action is buttery smooth everywhere else though.

Ended up with Bison vertical fake oak "in vogue" stuff for the front, and then roofing sheets back and sides. Should come on Friday.... need to work out how to trim it down as they only had 3m height in stock!
Looks nice, I will definitely be going for some composite material like this over real wood when I start mine. I do wonder how many people end up disappointed later on when installing cedar for cladding.

Looks nice, I will definitely be going for some composite material like this over real wood when I start mine. I do wonder how many people end up disappointed later on when installing cedar for cladding.
Yeah deffo. Just hope I have enough - I did 16 sheets and that is JUST within the amount I need...

Forgot I had doubled up the roof joists....FFS.

(just going to notch it with the multitool).

Just realised as well, my cladding will probably come out a decent amount. Oops. All in all, a fail of a day :cry:

What am I supposed to be looking at, you ran out? What are you notching?

Last edited:
Hmm thanks. Feels a bit hit and miss. Makes me wonder if I should just go to MDF!

---

Had a simple job today...to fit the blackout blind. I was meant to fit out the remaining shelves but got distracted playing lego with my 4y/o. Turns out the blind came at the lowest end of their tolerance, and I had given my smallest measurement, so it was very unforgiving. I had to shim out the right hand wall which blew some plaster; so it has created 3 or 4 other steps for me...annoying. But these blinds do work extremely well, and feel very solid.

sPULfS5.jpg

ojYubrE.jpg

Screwed and pinned the top back as it was under compression even after taking off a saws width on the mitre.

It works great tho... just need to finish off the wardrobe and a few other minor snags and it is done forever... thank god.
I've got the same type of blocblinds in my Home cinema room, absolutely stellar.. almost 100% light blockage, just the teeniest speckle of light creeps under the bottom bristles on a very bright summers day with the sun fully on the window.. also helps cool the room in summer!

Most people hate the bulkiness of the side channels, but if you want no light, I think it's the best solution by far, absolutely zero light leak from the sides which is where most fall down.

Last edited:
I've got the same type of blocblinds in my Home cinema room, absolutely stellar.. almost 100% light blockage, just the teeniest speckle of light creeps under the bottom bristles on a very bright summers day with the sun fully on the window.. also helps cool the room in summer!

Most people hate the bulkiness of the side channels, but if you want no light, I think it's the best solution by far, absolutely zero light leak from the sides which is where most fall down.
Aye... This is our third one. The inside recess has been least forgiving, altho I hadn't realised quite how out the wall was!

After a week in Ireland, the three of us went to task on the scrap heap behind our garden in preparation for a party. Moved at least half a ton of rubble, rubbish, glass and roots. However I need to figure out an easy solution to steps from the gate to the back and remove the weeds to the left. Good team work though.

Edit - proper manly along with my mother-in-law and wife :D.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom