What "man jobs" have you done today?

The big question is.... why did he leave those gaps in the first place?
I already said (twice) - plan was to get them first fixed like that, then boot them in with a rubber soled shoe.

They slide in much better like this on the full lengths as the next bit keeps it lined up. Unless you n00b mode and hold it down and hammer each individual plan.

I know right. In the grand scheme of things I have to balance my mental health/happiness with the other factors of time, energy, money. An extra month or two to take the pressure off is ok but over time, when the cost becomes "Could have paid someone else to do it", it rubs.

I know that ultimately my energy levels are the limiting factor here though.

Floor done (y). Wasn't half as bad, just my hands are battered. It's substantially nicer than the house floor and feels way harder wearing.

YeolnuL.jpeg

Paint, skirting - done. (Finish wiring, cladding, guttering, screwing roof sheets on)

What's the floor consist of? I've left about 3mm for the flooring in our garage workshop, wasn't sure if underlay was a thing for vinyl. Aiming for hard wearing over pleasant...

Sreten!
He's a legend.

It is an LVT tile with a rubber backing attached. It wasn't cheap but it wasn't spenny (£525 delivered for 21sqm).

Holy crap, that's an expensive sander at around £450!

The builder that fitted our kitchen basically bought it from wherever, used it, then asked for a refund. I'm sure building places are sick of that.

Worked a treat IIRC it was an evolution sander. Should have got one for doing the sand finishing of the walls in the rooms so I didn't need to reach down. You can get them for about 150-300 but 450 seems a bit steep.

Back
Top Bottom