What "man jobs" have you done today?

2nd day making good a Youtube builders work.

Finally removed all the delaminated boards and met many a large False Widow and a few others

FJGOnkR.jpg

New boards
GYBIiY8.jpg

Installed

cwwoQHf.jpg

Batons at 60cm centres to cover joins

i9efbfu.jpg

Feather edge install

UaLgHd7.jpg

All materials ordered slightly over (+10%) with no trips required to Screwtoolwickesstation :p
Get yourself some real creosote (I think you can still get it ) and mix it with used engine oil and soak that feather edge - better than any water based waterproof rubbish you get today.

Final blind arrived for the back door (thanks to the chap who recommended 247blinds.co.uk ). Clipped straight into the window frame, which means we can fully open the door without damaging the plaster behind (council house = all doors are placed at the very edge of walls, "tO mAxiMiSe uSabLe sPaCe..." :rolleyes: )

We now have privacy from the neighbours behind - might get a chance to christen the new recliners! :cry:

Made a new garden gate. Wanted a composite metal framed gate but couldn’t bring myself to pay so much for one.

Made this myself for about £70 all in and I’m pretty pleased with it! The cladding offcuts were free so only had to buy wood for the frame and the lock/hinges.

Wonderful job, any chance of pics of the rear also?. May copy your idea.

Back
Top Bottom