What "man jobs" have you done today?

Patio Magic on the drive following 6 buckets of weed pulling. The weed membrane has been nailed by some of the larger weeds. Maybe I'll fork it over and level it off a bit before membraning and barking.

Maybes I'll just do this same thing again next year.

6T0Pu2o.jpeg

Patio Magic on the drive following 6 buckets of weed pulling. The weed membrane has been nailed by some of the larger weeds. Maybe I'll fork it over and level it off a bit before membraning and barking.

Maybes I'll just do this same thing again next year.

6T0Pu2o.jpeg
Are some of those bricks sagging? Weeds and sagging... That driveway isn't that old is it?

Last edited:
Fixed a sink not draining properly - also had to fix the leaking bottle trap at the same time.

Then swapped a light switch over, which appears to have resolved our intermittent tripping \o/

Chauffeured the Wife, middle daughter, mother-in-law, sister-in-law and niece to a Spa Hotel for the weekend, then got home to do a few little snaggy jobs (cleaning up filler/caulk, scraping paint flecks) before getting on with laundry (uniform & pe kits for next week).

Cooked steaks & homemade chips in the air fryer, with fresh salad, peppers & cherry tomatoes from Dad's allotment, for the three of us (son & youngest daughter), but still managed to dirty every pan & utensil in the kitchen...

...then discovered the Wife had used the last dishwasher tablet that morning :rolleyes:

Changed 3 of the radiators upstairs in the bedrooms. The rooms were a little cold during the winter so i have put in bigger ones, sized for a heat pump in the future. Then i cut the grass :)

3 rads in one day is good going. Would probably take me a week! Or did you not have to adjust the pipes?

Chauffeured the Wife, middle daughter, mother-in-law, sister-in-law and niece to a Spa Hotel for the weekend

Ahhh, peace and quiet in your house, beautiful.

Chauffeured the Wife, middle daughter, mother-in-law, sister-in-law and niece to a Spa Hotel for the weekend, then got home to do a few little snaggy jobs (cleaning up filler/caulk, scraping paint flecks) before getting on with laundry (uniform & pe kits for next week).

Cooked steaks & homemade chips in the air fryer, with fresh salad, peppers & cherry tomatoes from Dad's allotment, for the three of us (son & youngest daughter), but still managed to dirty every pan & utensil in the kitchen...

...then discovered the Wife had used the last dishwasher tablet that morning :rolleyes:
Wonderful -Thank God - I thought the wife was the only one to use all pot's -pans -dishes -cutting knives -dessert bowls -jugs -cutting boards - cups -whole role of paper towel- 25 bowls of fresh water -spoon's - this is just to feed the cat.
She is cooking dinner now -long cooked leg steaks. so that is another dish.

Wonderful -Thank God - I thought the wife was the only one to use all pot's -pans -dishes -cutting knives -dessert bowls -jugs -cutting boards - cups -whole role of paper towel- 25 bowls of fresh water -spoon's - this is just to feed the cat.
She is cooking dinner now -long cooked leg steaks. so that is another dish.
I clean as I go, but have preferred kit for different recipes - so Steak & fries will use one set of knives/chopping boards (separate meat/veg), marinading bowls, whilst a Thai Green Curry uses other stuff (Santoku/Chinese Cleaver, Wok, Rice Cooker).

My Wife will use the same tiny paring knife (Taylor's Eye Witness Ceramic, never been sharpened since she bought it as a student), one child-friendly chopping board and the single egg-boiling pan to cook a Chilli, or an entire Sunday Roast...

She's like an angry Canadian Time Doctor.

Last edited:
3 rads in one day is good going. Would probably take me a week! Or did you not have to adjust the pipes?

Ahhh, peace and quiet in your house, beautiful.
No pipe adjustment, just drained the system, new valves, fill, leak test, drain again add inhibitor and bleed everything. Didnt want to change the valve but 2 of the lockshield had seized and one of the thermostatic has also so i thought I may as well do the lot.

spent ages stripping and testing a wireless light switch in the kitchen because it would turn the light on ,but not off.....grrrrrrrrr only to find i should have just changed the little 12v battery in it. now works fine again.....note to self...check the easy stuff first grr

I'm not an expert (only fitted one gate before!) but I'm not sure on that bracing, should it not be "toe and heeled" from the hinge corner (bottom right) up to the top left to prevent sagging? I've not seen that method before but doesnt mean its not a reasonable solution

I'll be honest I have no idea. I basically built the frame round the outside the suit the cladding being attached and then stuck a bit of wood in the middle hoping it would keep it square :cry: I guess I'll find out!

I'll be honest I have no idea. I basically built the frame round the outside the suit the cladding being attached and then stuck a bit of wood in the middle hoping it would keep it square :cry: I guess I'll find out!
Ah I think you want something more like this (my previous one). If it sags I guess you have the know how to modify now!

xpzZOLU.jpeg

tMMdY60.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom