What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Re-felted my shed roof. Had to chop down a few woody shrubs for access. One sheet of the previous felt had come off about a year ago, but just haven't had the time to get it done. The naked OSB board has held up against the elements pretty well, but needed to sort it now as another winter would finish it off I suspect. It's a pretty crap shed (came with the house) and will be replaced in a couple of years in any case.

Soldato
I've bought a Bosch self levelling laser for £40. I'm making a raised area in the garden about 10m x 3m and will use it to help with levelling amongst other jobs in the house (I hate working with spirit levels indoors). It's not intended for outdoor use, so I'm going to have to do it at dusk/in the darkness so that I can see the laser. :D

Soldato
The old fence between us and our neighbour was somewhat worse for wear so we decided to replace all the panels

Before

2ioAQ6X.jpg

During and having to take a sizeable branch off the tree to get the panel in

lQ0upqm.jpg

After

3tGcsKg.jpg

Can't really tell but also took another 20 odd foot tree down which was sort of behind the greenhouse

pZwBSF9.jpg

All then cut up into manageable pieces and deposited at the local tip :)

Knackered now so off for a shower then it's beer o'clock

Man of Honour
Been doing a few jobs in the garden.

We've lived here 2 years and done nothing with the garden except use it as a dumping ground.

The patio area outside the back door was horrible plum slate and mud. That's now decked and given us 8sqm back that was previously unusable.

Next step was what used to be a pond. That's been filled in and decked over ams we've put an inflatable hot tub on it which was a great purchase, we use it every weekend and love it.

Step 3 was to sort the area behind the hot tub which used to be rubble and weeds. That is now dug out, leveled and covered with artificial grass which I'm really pleased with. It still needs to relax and be brushed over a few times before it looks right. So that's 50% of the garden reclaimed.

Excuse the mess, this was a progress shot mid way through to update the Mrs
Unfortunately the fence belongs to next door and he doesn't want to replace it yet so apart from painting it I can't do a lot with that.

14979t3.jpg

Associate
Scarified the lawn. removed 18 sacks of thatch, plus two wheeley bins. Incredible amount of material removed... lawn now looks cack.

Over seeded, top dressed and autumn fed the sorry looking lawn

Oiled garden furniture.

Half emptied compost bin and spread compost (wooden cat litter, grass and kitchen waste makes great compost!)

Hung final bike rack in the shed, and put in new ground anchors.

Had a beer.

edit - also put up two 'Mr beamz' battery motion lights in the shed.

Soldato
After painting pva all over the nursery walls ready for the plasterer tomorrow, I cooked a full roast dinner, have now eaten itand retired to the sofa where I intend to stay!

Oh I've also done a full day at work today...

Soldato
He doesn't mind me painting it, but what I'd really like him to do is replace it with a premium fence with concrete gravel boards. He said he'd do that if I paid :p

might be worth negotiating a spilt cost I'd happily pay 75% if it meant that my garden looked nicer, you could also move it slightly so it becomes your fence at the same time if he agrees. Seems silly to look at something so ugly for the sake of a few quid.

Soldato
Just finished the messy job - stripped out wood burner - cleaned all bits and checked everything for cracks - Then went on roof (bungalow) and shoved sweeps brushes down a few times then cleaned up - Good job sealed up fireplace opening with newspaper as soot get's everywhere.

Got half bucket of fine soot out - not bad for a years running.

Cleaning up is worst bit.

Back
Top Bottom