What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Two "today" although the first was finishing (took about an hour) what I started yesterday (took about 4 1/2 hours!)

Home /multi gym in the garage

Four boxes

hUNZgEF.jpg

took me about an hour to get to this point sue to being able to find the bits I wanted and constantly moving the ******* thing as i didn't appreciate how big it was :p

Qm1HGxo.jpg

Weights in place

3bkXh1E.jpg

Coming on

4iqWdhF.jpg

OztoJt5.jpg

UCdv2vV.jpg

Dip stand in place

OOPBJhs.jpg

And sit up bench

wbXAwFK.jpg

Push up handles

VrmoDlG.jpg

Tonight was putting all the pulleys, cables, cable guards etc in to place

o9oSD7g.jpg

VxtGEFO.jpg

YRAt98H.jpg

So while on a roll I slung up a few trellis panels to "hide" the greenhouse from the lunge view in to the back garden

Before

JCSEcr5.jpg

Posts in place and panels screwed to them

8xPtcbm.jpg

Post-crete in place and will leave over night before trimming the tops of the posts

kLdSDtf.jpg

1YxHzWC.jpg

Soldato
Finished re building my pushbike, full new derailers front and back replaced cranks and sprockets, came off it about three years ago and not realised how much damage had been done. And not just to the bike, got an MRI tomorrow on my left ankle from the same incident!!

Soldato
Not so much a man job more a boy job

Scrap piece of Mahogany from log store - Pillar drill - sandpaper and old tin of varnish and bingo

Pen holder.

411635433.jpg

Soldato
Having had my front door lock decide to fail and stop letting me remove my key from the lock, I decided to try sorting it myself to save the expense of a locksmith, a quick google and a few £ later, I' replaced the Euro cylinder and all I back and working fine.

Man of Honour
The hot tub is an MSpa Alpine. Really pleased with it, feels very solid but I'm not looking forward to the electricity bill.

The random patch of grass isn't random at all. It's half the lawn. It looks a bit weird there but in Phase 2 it will be bordered left and right by gravel, at the back it's only a few inches from the tree line, and the path will run all the way up to the tree line too. It should male more sense visually when that's done!

Soldato
DSC_2363_zps2otzqarl.jpg

Built the stand for a bird table I made for my sister at the weekend. It was a pile of construction grade 3x2 that was part of an old partition wall and then left out side for months. Hopefully it doesnt rot away too quickly...

Next my Mum wants one making as the old square one I made her isnt good enough now :o:D. She also had an idea of butchering a garden solar light to have the inside light up at night and a gutter around the roof leading into a bird bath lower down the stand :eek:.

Soldato
Removed a pile of rubble from the corner of my garden which I'd previously dug up. Finally got that corner back to normal. Now to finalise the weeding of the soon to be grass area / membrane over till my top soil gets here (hopefully) then onto the hard landscaping before winter arrives.

Soldato
Removed the radiator in the kitchen (which we never used) and replaced it with a central heating plinth heater (essentially a loop from the central heating with a sensor activated electric fan). Now, when the CH is on the fan kicks in and the kitchen gets warmed. The old radiator was hidden under a counter and you could never feel the benefit. With the heater you get toasty toes. A huge improvement. :)
Stage 2 is to fill in the now empty space with some drawers.

Soldato
Done a garden makeover, removed a tree stump , smashed up old concrete path and lots of rubble, levelled the top and laid some weed retardant sheeting then laid about half a ton of green slate on it, still needs a little more slate though

Took 4 trips to the tip to dispose of all the waste and I am now shattered

Associate
The hot tub is an MSpa Alpine. Really pleased with it, feels very solid but I'm not looking forward to the electricity bill.

The random patch of grass isn't random at all. It's half the lawn. It looks a bit weird there but in Phase 2 it will be bordered left and right by gravel, at the back it's only a few inches from the tree line, and the path will run all the way up to the tree line too. It should male more sense visually when that's done!

Thanks for that, gunna invest in one myself!

Associate
used my old audi to pull out hedges and some small trees. still got more to do but ive now cleared an area where my shed is going to go..

also had the carpet fitter in today to lay the carpet in the lounge so was able to build my corner desk and get my computer set back up.
must admit ive missed using my PC over the week.

Soldato
After spending most of my weekend drenched in dust from sanding all the wood work in the hall stairs and landing it's looking paintable!!

Undercoated the hall stairs and landing this morning, ran out of paint so finished the wash coat on the fresh plaster in the baby's room. Off to work now via homebase to get some more undercoat!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom