What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
Played Two Point Campus last weekend when it was free to play on Steam which reminded me I had Two Point Hospital that I'd only played for about an hour. Been playing it for the last few days (with a bit of WoW filler) and am finding it quite amusing :)

Last edited:
Associate
XCOM 2 WOTC again. Completed it with minimal save scumming on the second difficulty level. Moved up one level and I'm getting murdered. It looks so easy when I watch YouTubers play it on legendary iron-man.

Associate
It was fine till I got to Jeddah then the crashes started. Then the last patch seemed to fix it. I’ve gotten quite far on (near the end I think), and the crashes have started again.

Soldato
I am very.much enjoying Far Cry 6.

I go stealth for the first enemy in each base, mess that up and then have to impromptu Rambo the rest of the base. The way it's supposed to be!

I also love the music which sounds like a mix of la Bamba and Guantanamero (aka "Ystalyfera", if you know). Great stuff for running over goons while driving a big truck.

Last edited:
Soldato
What is so good about BG3. It just doesn't appeal to me

It seems to have a great story and lot of good mechanics. It also appeals to wide age groups. Lot of older gamers will play it for nostalgic reasons having played BG 1 and 2 when young and younger gamers will play it as it was made by Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 creators. All 4 games were huge hits.

Man of Honour
What is so good about BG3. It just doesn't appeal to me
The depth of the gameplay, the story telling, the scope and size of the game, the customization of your character as it progresses, the AI interactions and repercussions, the level freedom where you can do almost anything you can thinj of, the game allows you to think outside of the box in a way that no other RPG has ever done.

However, it is a turn based, heavy RPG. A proper RPG you might say and heavy RPGs have been niche titles for the last 40 years, so it wouldnt be too much of a surprise that it doesnt appeal to everyone. In fact , one of the most astounding things about BG3 is precisely that its a niche title, a niche title which is doing better than most mainstream titles. That alone is incredible.

Last edited:
Associate
Just finished Noita. Held off buying it for ages as it looked a bit too intense to play after work, but a friend recommended it. It's definitely a profanity multiplier, but also highly rewarding like most roguelikes.
You pickup wands with different stats and equip various different spells and perks. The mechanics of certain things are well thought out, but they also use that well thought out approach against you.

Soldato
Just finished Stray.

Mixed feelings about the game as I had to resort to WeMods several times to get past some of the levels with Zurks and to an extent the Sentinels. The latter literally killed the cat with two hits. Should definitely have been a difficulty modifier built in or story mode to get through a bit easier.

Some of the puzzles were a bit obscure, without YT or walkthroughs I would have got stuck at certain points.

The ending was rather bittersweet -
The cat eventually reaches the outside world but there is no sign of his companions from the start of the game. The little robot B12 that you carried on your back from not long after falling into the city is destroyed opening it up. There goes your translator if you venture back into the city to visit the robot friends you made like Momo and Doc."]

It seems to me as if the devs had a great premise for a game (and it is) but didn't quite understand how to translate that into gameplay. After all, this was a title that sold itself on playing from the perspective of a cute cat, not an extreme platform bullet and giant bacteria dodging game.

IMHO needs a Director's Cut which adds a choice of difficulty level and adds some more closure to the end game scenes.

I will probably play it again in a few weeks, see if I can get more done without having to resort to cheats.

Last edited:
Associate
Baldurs Gate 3 is downloading just now, getting ready for Friday night. Drive home tomorrow via Asda to pick up some bevy.

Diablo 4 uninstalled. Not touched it in weeks. Boring.

I'm still playing the odd round of Battlebit most nights.
I'm also starting to play BG3. Not sure if it's my kind of game yet because it keeps crashing..

Associate
I would usually be all over a game like this, but the turn based combat is a turn off, much prefer real time with pause, big factor of why its so loved is probably the scale, choices, voice acting seems brilliant, cast of characters and story etc

Exactly this for me too, I personally find turn based combat boring.

I'm currently playing Red Dead Redemption 2. Will most likely give Phantom Liberty a go once it's released

Soldato
I'm also starting to play BG3. Not sure if it's my kind of game yet because it keeps crashing..
Only played a few hours last night then my mouse died, so I took this as a sign to switch it off. It ran just fine and looked pretty good but I'm not convinced by the play style. Might be £50 wasted but I'll push on a little further, just in case.

Last edited:
Soldato
Flicking between BG3 and Dawn of War. Finding every single party member annoying in BG which is making me reluctant to keep going with it.
Don't recall the first two games having as much (if any) cheese like this one does.

Associate
Only played a few hours last night then my mouse died, so I took this as a sign to switch it off. It ran just fine and looked pretty good but I'm not convinced by the play style. Might be £50 wasted but I'll push on a little further, just in case.
From what I've managed to play it makes me want to come back to it. Unfortunately the crashing has put me off entirely as it happens within 10-20 minutes of play and I'm just repeating the same part each time I play. It only started after leaving the ship at the start..

Hopefully some patches fix it soon. Otherwise what a waste of money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom