What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
I am getting back into computer pinball after setting this up at the weekend.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bGhJ0gZeBpCH2RjY5AT1dPhBxkyPjcEj4g/view

A lot of the tables cant be discussed on this forum (emulation) however i also have my 60 pinball FX3 tables working on it.... sadly pinball FX3 does not support the solenoids or real leds on the table.... the solenoids especially add a huge amount of realism to the gameplay.

Soldato
Started playing Kenshi to distract me from Battletech.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/233860/Kenshi/

"A free-roaming squad based RPG. Focusing on open-ended sandbox game play features rather than a linear story"

Yeah very open ended to the extent that with zero prior reading I didn't really know what to do as there's basically no quests as such to start you off just possible actions and a large open world to explore. It's pretty barren and the graphics are basic but once I got the hang of the interface with the simple but useful tutorials I simply wandered around a bit.

This is a good example of emergent gaming where there's always stuff going on you just have to discover it so I started by kiting bandits (I saw 20+ in roving bands) to towns and outposts to let the guards do the hard work and then sold the spoils. Then followed larger guard patrols around to pick over the carcasses of animals they kill for some more sellable loot.

Just found an abandoned mining outpost with materials available to start crafting. Then built my first base to start researching more tech, plans and maybe start a small farming economy and on and on from there. I guess at that point you hire or kidnap your minions :)

Associate
Built a new 1700x + Vega 64 system and I just can't keep off of bloody Fortnite! :rolleyes:
I'm enjoying the game as it is addictive, but there's so much to it that you have to be consistent, and play at least every-other day (every day is better) to keep the rhythm.

I do feel like it's a bit of a waste and I should enjoy other titles, but because of the limited time during the week suppose I should enjoy it for the moment, as I'm sure the obsession will pass eventually.

Soldato
Kingmaker Pathfinder.

A pretty great CRPG. Its now in a reasonable state, was very buggy at the start. Similarly its very difficult, even on normal which is what may put people off, but the game itself is an absolute blast now, lots of content and elements from the typical cRPG to managing your own kingdom. However the kingdom management in the normal modes is similarly hard and you need to keep ontop of it (can select a mode where you do not need to bother with it) so similarly can wreck your game lots of hours in if you do not keep periodic saves.

Its not perfect and patch's still coming out, but now in a good enough place to poor hours into it IMO.

Permabanned
Soldato
It is good on COOP and the AI of the bots is really good. We captured the first position and the bots dropped an mortar strike on us killing all bar one :)

I'm not sure how long you've been playing but it was an update about 2 weeks ago that they turned the AI up. At first it was a shock. Bots went from average at best to special forces lol. We were getting our arses handed to us for a fair few games until we adapted. I think they've nailed this game. The gun play, the sounds, the weapons. The graphics could be better optimised. I struggle to hold 100fps 1440 x 3440 in ultra with a 1080ti. Average is probably 88fps. BF5 I'm locked at 100fps

Soldato
I'm not sure how long you've been playing but it was an update about 2 weeks ago that they turned the AI up. At first it was a shock. Bots went from average at best to special forces lol. We were getting our arses handed to us for a fair few games until we adapted. I think they've nailed this game. The gun play, the sounds, the weapons. The graphics could be better optimised. I struggle to hold 100fps 1440 x 3440 in ultra with a 1080ti. Average is probably 88fps. BF5 I'm locked at 100fps

Several weeks now, its one of the few games where you have to think and be a bit careful as well as working as a team. or the bots just wipe you out rapidly. RPG to my face seems to be their favourite technique :eek:

Caporegime
Assassin’s Creed Origins. I’ve had about five hours with it so far. I’m still not sure about it. The map seems huge which I like but the gameplay seems very routine. Hope it gets better soon or else I’ll end dropping it for God of War.

One good thing though is that it’s the first time I’ve played an AC game at more than 30fps. It’s much more fluid and a huge improvement.

Last edited:
Associate
Assassin’s Creed Origins. I’ve had about five hours with it so far. I’m still not sure about it. The map seems huge which I like but the gameplay seems very routine. Hope it gets better soon or else I’ll end dropping it for God of War.

One good thing though is that it’s the first time I’ve played an AC game at more than 30fps. It’s much more fluid and a huge improvement.

Do you normally drop a game you bought after 5 hours?
Seems a bit mad considering the sheer scale and gameplay on offer.
This game offers hundreds of hours gameplay, you havent even got near scratching the surface yet.

Soldato

Stick with it. When the map opens up a lot more activities become available.

It's a great game

Caporegime
Do you normally drop a game you bought after 5 hours?
Seems a bit mad considering the sheer scale and gameplay on offer.
This game offers hundreds of hours gameplay, you havent even got near scratching the surface yet.

5 hours is way longer than I normally give. If something doesn't grip me within 10 minutes I can shelve it and move on. :D

Soldato
I've just gone back to The Division after not playing it for the best part of a year!

Absolutely loving it - and I've even managed to 100% the story mode (which is rarer that rocking horse poo for me to stick with a game!)

Soldato
It’s getting more exciting now I’ve got to Alexandria. Have you played AC Odyssey? If so, how does it compare to Origins? I’m wondering if I should pick that up as well whilst it’s on sale.

I haven't, but I've got it for Christmas and it'll be next after I finish God of War.... Speaking of which, if you only give games a short period and bin it if it doesn't grip you, you won't like God of War! It's very good, but a very slow starter.

Back
Top Bottom