WHAT PSU'S ARE DUE TO COME OUT SOON - ATX 3.0 PCIE 5

Associate
OP
I'm really dissapointed, I expected my Be quiet PSU to be premium quality, but it's obviously not! I definatley have a dodgy PSU. I purchased the Be Quiet Dark Power 13 850W, it's makes sparking sounds and most likly sparks (can't see due to case position), when switched off, I'm 99.9% sure its not suppose to do that!! Going to return it for a refund..... can anyone reccomend the best ATX 3/Pcie 5.0 PSU to get for my pc:-

X670E Hero AM5
AMD 7900X
32GB Dominator Platinum Ram DDR5 - with expo enabled 6000Mhz CL 36
Asus Ryuo 360 ARGB 360 AIO
3x M.2 2TB
10 Case fans
2 Lian Li Fan controllers, (Add another controller for when the 12pin Lian Li strimer arrives) so 3
24Pin and 12Pin Lian Li Strimers will be added when the new pin connector type comes out for gpu
NVidia 4070 TI or higher to be added when prices drop and hopefully power consumption too!

I want a hight quality ATX 3/Pcie 5.0 PSU, something which wont give me any problems.... one which has the 12pin cable....

Caporegime
I'm really dissapointed, I expected my Be quiet PSU to be premium quality, but it's obviously not! I definatley have a dodgy PSU. I purchased the Be Quiet Dark Power 13 850W, it's makes sparking sounds and most likly sparks (can't see due to case position), when switched off, I'm 99.9% sure its not suppose to do that!! Going to return it for a refund..... can anyone reccomend the best ATX 3/Pcie 5.0 PSU to get for my pc:-

X670E Hero AM5
AMD 7900X
32GB Dominator Platinum Ram DDR5 - with expo enabled 6000Mhz CL 36
Asus Ryuo 360 ARGB 360 AIO
3x M.2 2TB
10 Case fans
2 Lian Li Fan controllers, (Add another controller for when the 12pin Lian Li strimer arrives) so 3
24Pin and 12Pin Lian Li Strimers will be added when the new pin connector type comes out for gpu
NVidia 4070 TI or higher to be added when prices drop and hopefully power consumption too!

I want a hight quality ATX 3/Pcie 5.0 PSU, something which wont give me any problems.... one which has the 12pin cable....
There is a chance that any electronics product you buy will be faulty. Just get a replacement for that PSU or get a refund and buy a Seasonic Vertex.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
So, back to squae 1, NEW PC and no PSU!..... And intel have just released a new specification ATX 3.01...?

Are FSP PSU's better than the Be Quiet Dark Power 13 1000W ? Who manufactures each? Anyone know?

Soldato
So, back to squae 1, NEW PC and no PSU!..... And intel have just released a new specification ATX 3.01...?

Are FSP PSU's better than the Be Quiet Dark Power 13 1000W ? Who manufactures each? Anyone know?
All FSP PSUs are manufactured by FSP themself. I looked at FSP ATX 3.0 spec, their fan will not spin at under 30% load. Better than Be Quiet PSUs with fans need to run all the time that is not good. Both ASUS ATX 3.0 Loki PSUs and Seasonic ATX 3.0 PSUs fans will not spin at under 40% load so Corsair new ATX 3.0 SHIFT PSUs are much better with fans will not spin at under 50% load. Mine are dead silent and connectors on right side are very nice and easy to access. :)

Also found MSI MEG ATX PSUs fans will not spin at under 50% load, MSI MPG and Thermaltake Thoughpower PF3 ATX 3.0 PSUs fans will not spin at under 40% load, Thermaltake GF3 PSUs fans will not spin at under 30% load.

I would recommend either Corsair SHIFT ATX 3.0 PSUs or MSI MEG ATX 3.0 PSUs. Unfortunately MSI MEG PSUs expected delivery was delayed push back further to 31 May 2023 so Corsair SHIFT PSUs are available in stock now.

Last edited:
Soldato

I can't believe you started this thread December and are still without a PSU and it's nearly April.

:cry:

Associate
OP
I can't believe you started this thread December and are still without a PSU and it's nearly April.

:cry:

Tell me about it, finally got one that works properly, bought the MSI Meg A1300ip, a million times better than the be quiet dark power 13.

I would not reccomend buying the dark power 13 psu, the one i got was making clicking, poping and making all sorts of noises......and its loud.....also sparking when switched on/off aswell.......

Soldato
I just ordered a Seasonic Vortex 1200w for £249 delivered.

If you look online one price clearly head and shoulders above the rest (which are mostly sold out anyways). Seasonic confirmed there will be no plug issues using my current one, and also the 10 year warranty will be honored even in the UK.

Last edited:
Associate
I just ordered a Seasonic Vortex 1200w for £149 delivered.

If you look online one price clearly head and shoulders above the rest (which are mostly sold out anyways). Seasonic confirmed there will be no plug issues using my current one, and also the 10 year warranty will be honored even in the UK.

I really want this PSU, got it pre-ordered on Overclockers, but no idea when it'll be in stock, and it seems to be scarce everywhere. Anyone know of next best alternative?

Soldato
I really want this PSU, got it pre-ordered on Overclockers, but no idea when it'll be in stock, and it seems to be scarce everywhere. Anyone know of next best alternative?

Just Google it mate. Mine has dispatched already and only just ordered it. One place is quite a lot cheaper and Seasonic have said they will honour the 10 year warranty on it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom