1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Retro Games Are You Currently Playing?

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming and Vintage Computing' started by Spacedeck, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Duke

Man of Honour

2. Retro6

Associate

I have several that I enjoy playing on different platforms...

Sega Master System
    Sonic The Hedgehog
    Columns
    Enduro Racer
    Fantasy Zone

Play Station 3
    GTA 4 & 5
    Driver San Francisco

BBC Micro Model B
    PAC MAN

Game Boy
    Tetris
    Super Mario

486 PC
    Lemmings
    Theme Park
    PAC MAN
    Sim City
    Card memory games

3. Mikeey

Associate

Speedball 2

Anyone remember it? It reminds me of a movie too but I can’t think of the name of it.

4. pingwing

Capodecina

ROLLERBALL!!!! Classic film, don’t bother with the 2001
    Remake

Speedball is amazing, basicallly handball with violence in a video game, spent many an hour round my neighbours playing that and sim city

5. LewisRaz

Wise Guy

Quality game. Still have it in my MD collection

6. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Parasite Eve 2 :) fantastic imo

7. LewisRaz

Wise Guy

Had an hour on Simcity 2000

[​IMG]

8. almoststew1990

Mobster

I'm not sure placing is spelt like that :p

Today I dug out my PS2 and thought I'd play some Gran Turismo a spin as a break from shooting dudes. You all know what that means: Load in, change the settings (most importantly disabling the start up video and racing music), smash through Licence B (licences being so dry and boring that the Polyphony needed to put a "coffee break" in the middle which I'm sure everyone reacts in the same way - Just go away I don't care about avoiding cones let me complete the licences as quickly as possible! - instead of just streamlining the licences), and then finally pick out a starter car from the mainly JDM used car options, cars which were considered low value and uninteresting in 2004 but ironically today are probably rather expensive! We all know this is best bit of the game! How much power can I get for c10,000!

Then off to the autocentre to give it a wash and an oil change, and voila my power jumps up from 148hp to 166hp. Add the obligatory ECU chip for 1,500 or so and now I'm rocking 178hp ;). Then get bored and turn it off!

Except today I pushed past that and took some photos of my car before getting bored and turning it off:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I get amazed whenever I use this feature at what still images the game can produce. Compare it to the flashy ******** of something like driveclub (just because I happen to have some pictures of it on my HDD).

...Actually it looks pretty good so that's backfired but I'll share it anyway :D

[​IMG]

9. Mikeey

Associate

Rollerball! That’s it! Just looked it up on IMDB. Such a classic. I didn’t even know they did a remake. I remember it being super violent!

10. cheesyboy

Capodecina

SNES Lemmings

I had the Gameboy version back in the day - spent hours upon days upon weeks trying to get past Mayhem 4, never managed it. Thanks to the internet, I can now see that it was bugged on the PAL release :mad:

SNES version doesn't seem to have that problem, but is tougher than I remember. Respect to 10 year old me, who figured all this out much easier :D

11. malachi

Sgarrista

"Ice Cream ...... Ice Cream !"

12. lakitu

Man of Honour

GT2 on the PS2 still looks fantastic, I remember at the time being blown away. I'm playing Metroid Fusion on the GBA at the moment, never completed it but this weekend I hope to as I'm home alone!