What Retro Games Are You Currently Playing?

Soldato
Ocarina of Time, spent a good 3 hours on it today.

33wp5aa.jpg

'Time' well spent! ;)

Associate
Ocarina of Time, spent a good 3 hours on it today.

One of my favourite games, in the past couple of months I've played through Zelda 1 + 2, A Link to the Past and currently about a third of the way through Link's Awakening.

I recently installed the UltraHDMI mod in my N64, can't wait to play through Ocarina again once I've finished LA. :)

I only ever got half way through Majora's Mask and Wind Waker back in the day (haven't touched any of the newer ones), so looking forward to those also.

Associate
I've just played this for the first time on OG Xbox, really unique! I do own the dreamcast one too but never got round to trying it out

Recently started scarface! A fairly competent GTA clone with some good ideas. I like the empire building aspect as I loved buying businesses in vice city, this takes that idea further. Not seen the film but I get the impression this is an example of a good Licensed game

20180411_215748.jpg

OMG !!
STOP playing the game and watch the film

Associate
Turrican on the Amiga, now there's a memory!

I had one of the themes from C64 turrican stuck in my head for decades after playing it at a friend's house as a kid, heard it by chance on a YouTube vid and was all "That's why I know that tune!". Weird how things stick in your brain.

Soldato
I've reinstalled C&C Generals. It's actually aged very well, with quite a streamlined user interface compared to something like Red Alert 3, Anno 1800 which I bought recently. No random NPC face pop-ups, no extra glowy effects and transitions when navigating the UI, no wrestling the camera from me. The minute to minute gameplay is pleasantly simple, informative, streamlined and instantaneous. The field of view is terrible though!

The intro on the otherhand has aged terribly. Very early-2000s... "In the modern world, great leaders resolve their conflict with words... words like... "ScUd LaUnChEr!!! cArPeT bOmBiNg!!!" *copious sound and visual echo*"
l53lXN7.gif

nzzeE1C.png

9sN88gf.png

Back
Top Bottom