What retro things have you done today?

Even I'm getting tempted by the RG35XX (even if it's just because I'm craving a project). Although I'd be more PS1, DX, Saturn era.
PS1 it copes fine, Saturn no (at the moment) maybe if the GPU is unlocked, basic Saturn become available. I'm hoping for this. Virtua Fighter 2 Saturn would be cool.
Virtua Fighter arcade version works great on the RG35XX - plus its the best version

Picked up a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Joystick for £16. It's in really nice condition and is only missing the driver CD. Happy to add a nice joystick to the rig.

NJ9Hu7oh.jpg
EdtlzJEh.jpg
Very nice, weren't these really expensive on the second hand market not so long ago because it was the last FFB stick?

I have been wanting one for a while but yet to purchase, that was a bargain :)

I hope my RG35XX arrives in the next 2 weeks…should have ordered a UK one instead of trying to save like £10 from ordering direct.

It’s been 6 days now and still not been shipped, if it doesn’t get sent out by Friday i might order a new one from UK seller and give the other one to my Niece when it arrives.

Edit - speak of the devil, just shipped!

Quoting myself....it's landed and should be out for delivery tomorrow....fingers crossed!

Mine has just landed, will probably get it monday.

Made the mistake of getting the clear one instead of the GB colour :(
Mine been fantastic so far and will only get (much) better now that the GPU has been unlocked allowing Batocera and native N64 Mupen64 core!

My favourites so far are;

Mad Bomber - Amiga
Mortal Kombat - MAME2000
Neo Turf masters - NEO-GEO CD
Street Fighter 2 the world warrior - CPS1
Sonic CD - SegaCD
Super mario kart - SNES
Tekken 3 - PSX
Virtua Fighter - MAME2003-Xtreme
VVVVVV - Port
Mellow Meadow deluxe - Pico-8
Super Mario Land 2 DX - Gameboy
Quadnet - Dos / Dosbox-Pure
Skyroads - Dos / Dosbox-Pure

There are so many systems it can run perfectly for such a small, cheap device. It makes them look great too because of the good quality screen.

My stock (2100mAh) battery lasted 6 hours 15 on PSX 3/8 brightness, (low volume) which is damned good really. I have a 2800mAh on the way anway

Last edited:
Just been playing around with DOSBox Staging after seeing some videos on PhilsComputerLab YT channel and I'm pretty impressed with it. I've installed it on my Dell Optiplex 5080 SSF pc and connected it to the 20" Dell via a DP to DVI Cable and activated a CRT shader and it looks really good! The sound aspects are great also. SF2 soundfont loading via Fluidsynth and it also supports MT32 with the correct roms. SB Family of cards supported along with Gravis UltraSound and the rare Adlib Gold. I loaded the 8mb Creative GM soundfont and it sounded great.

oH1pnQ4h.jpg
QLOUr2Ih.jpg

Back
Top Bottom