What retro things have you done today?

errrr, yes?

Is it difficult to install? I gues you just got to be careful swapping them out right?

its quite easy, there's a screw holding a bit of plastic over the posts of the buttons. You take that off and they fall out - it's then just a case of hookign them back in.

The ones above were a test pint from the resin printer (finally) and I'm just working out the best orientation to print them (the posts failed on all but 1) and then will print off some extra for you.

its quite easy, there's a screw holding a bit of plastic over the posts of the buttons. You take that off and they fall out - it's then just a case of hookign them back in.

The ones above were a test pint from the resin printer (finally) and I'm just working out the best orientation to print them (the posts failed on all but 1) and then will print off some extra for you.

Oh neat and fantastic. I would love a set, could you let me know how much for your trouble? Just drop me a PM when you are happy with them but I am suer it's better than the stock ones.

@montymint that's awesome! I'm after some buttons too but don't like the idea of breaking the clips, they they easy enough to fit? How much if you could print and ship 8 more buttons? (I have 2 RG35XXs) I'm in UK, Leeds.

@montymint that's awesome! I'm after some buttons too but don't like the idea of breaking the clips, they they easy enough to fit? How much if you could print and ship 8 more buttons? (I have 2 RG35XXs) I'm in UK, Leeds.

just postage again.

Just FYI I'm still tuning the resin printer up after being in storage over a year (and it's acting up) - so probably won't be in a position to post until the end of the week

just postage again.

Just FYI I'm still tuning the resin printer up after being in storage over a year (and it's acting up) - so probably won't be in a position to post until the end of the week
Anytime is good with me - drop me a PM and ill send postage money and what they cost in materials :)

N64 racing games on Batacera 0.7 generally all work really well on default setting, turbo oc.

I tested the following;

Excitebike 64
Mario Kart 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Extreme-G
F-Zero X
Star Wars Episode I - Racer
Wipeout 64
Wave Race 64
Hydro Thunder
California Speed
San Francisco Rush - Extreme Racing
San Francisco Rush 2049
1080 snowboarding

The only one that I found doesnt work well is Destruction Derby 64 - choppy audio and runs slow

Last edited:
My daughters are now 7 and 5. This has meant a smidge more retro time for me.

I've set up and old i3 Haswell PC for Batocera and was really impressed. Slick layout, very easy to use and a great cross platform experience. The girls love Tony Hawk's 4 on the PS2 and MAME Frogger.

I bought an electric standing desk and have been tidying my office space. This means that I've got my work laptop, my gaming PC and a retro station all living harmoniously in the same room. I've even managed to squeeze in a PS1 and PS2 station under the desk.

The retro PC is currently my Win95 P200 MMX and an IBM 15" CRT monitor. I've been playing Screamer and Virtua Cop 2. But mostly I enjoy listening to MIDI files on the Ensoniq Soundscape 'value' sound card through 2.0 Altec Lansing PC speakers.

The guys at work love the retro setup behind me on my work video calls. It creates a talking point.

Quick question. The 'now safe to turn your computer off' has stopped displaying on shutdown. How do I get it back?

Has anyone bought a mounted / head mounted magnifying glass they can recommend? I'm straightening out CPU pins and my eyes aren't really up to it anymore!

Looking at something like this ATM but was hoping for one that would sit on my desk like a microscope.

I regrettably sold my 19" CTX Diamondtron monitor last year in the midst of a House move and have regretted it ever since. I've been on the look out for a replacement since then and this popped up locally and decided to grab it. It's a 19" Mitsubishi Diamond Plus 91 CRT. There is some smearing on the Anti-Glare Coating which I plan to some way sort out, but the case is not yellowed and it great condition. Colours and Geom are also spot on. Picture is great. CRT's in motion just look better then LCD's, even at the same Refresh Rate. Happy to have a nice quality CRT back for my retro PC.

xKiWRUYl.jpg

UzkFTqxl.jpg

by8c94Fl.jpg

Last edited:
I regrettably sold my 19" CTX Diamondtron monitor last near in the midst of a House move and have regretted it ever since. I've been on the look out for a replacement since then and this popped up locally and decided to grab it. It's a 19" Mitsubishi Diamond Plus 91 CRT. There is some smearing on the Anti-Glare Coating which I plan to some way sort out, but the case is not yellowed and it great condition. Colours and Geom are also spot on. Picture is great. CRT's in motion just look better then LCD's, even at the same Refresh Rate. Happy to have a nice quality CRT back for my retro PC.
Very nice! I 100% agree with your comments, motion on a CRT, there is just something that a flat panel cannot replicate - Doom, Ultima games look glorious on a CRT!

Last edited:
I regrettably sold my 19" CTX Diamondtron monitor last near in the midst of a House move and have regretted it ever since. I've been on the look out for a replacement since then and this popped up locally and decided to grab it. It's a 19" Mitsubishi Diamond Plus 91 CRT. There is some smearing on the Anti-Glare Coating which I plan to some way sort out, but the case is not yellowed and it great condition. Colours and Geom are also spot on. Picture is great. CRT's in motion just look better then LCD's, even at the same Refresh Rate. Happy to have a nice quality CRT back for my retro PC.

xKiWRUYl.jpg

UzkFTqxl.jpg

by8c94Fl.jpg

How will you rectify the anti-glare coating?

I have a similar issue with an iiyama Vision Master Pro 453.

How will you rectify the anti-glare coating?

I have a similar issue with an iiyama Vision Master Pro 453.

I'm going to first just try removing the coating. I've read Autosol can get rid of the coating and also an abrasive cleaner like Flash with limescale remover can remove the smeared coat. The trade off with removing the coating, is the screen becomes a lot brighter and can in some circumstances be hard to use in well lit rooms. If after removing the coating and finding the screen is overly bright or is hard to use, I'm going to remove the film entirely and replace it with a tint film that is used for cars.

I found a Video on youtube replacing the film on a JVC PVM monitor with good success.

I guess for you, it would be a case of finding the Service manual for the 453 to find out how to remove the case plastics to get the film off the tube.

I'll document my progress on the monitor as I try each method. Ideally I want to get rid of the smeared coating as the screen is great!

Last edited:
I'm going to first just try removing the coating. I've read Autosol can get rid of the coating and also an abrasive cleaner like Flash with limescale remover can remove the smeared coat. The trade off with removing the coating, is the screen becomes a lot brighter and can in some circumstances be hard to use in well lit rooms. If after removing the coating and finding the screen is overly bright or is hard to use, I'm going to remove the film entirely and replace it with a tint film that is used for cars.

I found a Video on youtube replacing the film on a JVC PVM monitor with good success.

I guess for you, it would be a case of finding the Service manual for the 453 to find out how to remove the case plastics to get the film off the tube.

I'll document my progress on the monitor as I try each method. Ideally I want to get rid of the smeared coating as the screen is great!

I ruined the coating on my iiyama monitor by using Mr. Sheen on it (I didn't know about the anti-glare coatings back then).

Smeared Anti-Glare coating... BE GONE!

hyy7uwRh.jpg

So I decided to have a crack at removing the smeared coating this afternoon. Had a rummage through the kitchen cupboard and came away armed with a Microfibre cloth and some CIF. I thought that it would be worth having a crack with the CIF as it is slightly abrasive.

Jesus Christ were my arms aching after some vigorous rubbing! Took me about an hour to remove the coating but the end result was worth it.

Here you can see the coating being removed

fGQ4J4Gh.jpg

yCYhqH1h.jpg

Tested it, and although the screen is now slightly more reflective it didn't seem to be a problem. The blacks are now slightly more grey but again nothing drastic. Screen brightness didn't appear to increase an awful lot which I was surprised about.

Overall, I'm well chuffed with how this turned out, and am reunited with a nice quality CRT display!

Back
Top Bottom