What retro things have you done today?

*ahem*

I think my speakers would go lovely with a baby-AT or micro-ATX beige case for me to put my Cyrix parts in, or with any unwanted pre-P4 era components. ;)

Last edited:
Picking up a bunch of retro systems tomorrow! About 7 I think. 3 of which are in baby AT cases! So problem solved, hopefully!

It really has highlighted how dominant Intel were back then, out of 7, 6 of them have Pentiums, and only 1 has something different (a K6).

Sadly the K6 system is a "proprietary nonsense" system, using a system specific motherboard.

Last edited:
The Goodmans have arrived!

They work an absolute treat and and have just been listening to the NFS 3 soundtrack for full historic effect!

They are however filthy and full of gunk behind the speaker grates, anyone know if you can get them off to clean behind?

They work an absolute treat and and have just been listening to the NFS 3 soundtrack for full historic effect!

They are however filthy and full of gunk behind the speaker grates, anyone know if you can get them off to clean behind?
Please check before hand but I am sure you can kind of pry them out, they are held in by bits of the grille being bent slightly behind some clips. I cant remember who but one of the tubers did refurb a similar pair.

Picking up a bunch of retro systems tomorrow! About 7 I think. 3 of which are in baby AT cases! So problem solved, hopefully!

It really has highlighted how dominant Intel were back then, out of 7, 6 of them have Pentiums, and only 1 has something different (a K6).

Sadly the K6 system is a "proprietary nonsense" system, using a system specific motherboard.
Get them pics up! :D

Please check before hand but I am sure you can kind of pry them out, they are held in by bits of the grille being bent slightly behind some clips. I cant remember who but one of the tubers did refurb a similar pair.
Yes, it's a prise off and glue job. Take your time or regret that you didn't leave them gunky.

This week I connected my Raspberry Pi MT-32 to my Dell P90. I am using a simple stereo mixer to mix the audio. This means I can run the S2 or the PiMT32. With that and my Yamaha sub purchase, I'm even further into Midi heaven.

Space Quest 3 wasn't working off it, but a vogons highlighted patch later and bukazoids, it works too.

Got him!, "Mr Tool" :D :D- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98wqNSUjU0s

Him just taping off and leaving the yellow button and logo area utterly triggered me!

seems its a pry job as you and @!bluetonic! have said

Last edited:
Is there a minimum Pi needed for that? My Pi2b is an ornament these days
There's lots of YouTube on this..

Mine was a Serdashop all-in-one purchase with the Pi and Pi hat. I then have a 15 pin to Midi out connector. This hooks onto the pi-hat. Plug in your speakers to the pi hat and job done.

You can toggle between Sound Fonts or use the MT32 ROMs if you legally have them using the buttons in the Pi Hat.

Send help

XZklRqE.jpg

Theres a Guillemot Maxi Gamer Phoenix 3DFX Voodoo Banshee PCI in here somewhere, that alone is purportedly worth 150 ish... :o

These are mostly socket 7 or socket 370, with one super socket 7. Those do so happen to be my favourites but... Some variation would be nice! :p

SO much stuff to go through!

Last edited:
Send help

XZklRqE.jpg

Theres a Guillemot Maxi Gamer Phoenix 3DFX Voodoo Banshee PCI in here somewhere, that alone is purportedly worth 150 ish... :o

These are mostly socket 7 or socket 370, with one super socket 7. Those do so happen to be my favourites but... Some variation would be nice! :p

Wow!

That is a pile of beauty!

I swear the one with the blue button is the same as our first home DX2 system too!
The behemoth on the right is insane to :D :D

Send help

XZklRqE.jpg

Projects for days!!

Back
Top Bottom