What retro things have you done today?

I worked in the IT dept so we had the chance to try these new TFT screens before everyone else. Strange that most of us kept the CRTs for another year or so whilst everyone else got the 17” flat screens with awful colour reproduction.

Amazing what you find lying around forgotten.
RNt2fDw.jpg

Ive been installing my retro games onto my current project PC and surprisingly to me its running every single retro game that I normally install! Dialling back the settings on 3d games of course but still very playable.
Celeron 700mhz
128mb ram
integrated vga and sound (the sb emulation appears to work fine and we have software wavetable too)
windows ME!

Thinking of selling the project build I ended up with from a few years ago. No idea how much it's worth, sold prices on eBay are all over the place and would need to be collection only.

It's a Pentium IIIE 600MHz, 256MB RAM, Voodoo 3 3000 PCI, GeForce 4 MX420 AGP with a SD to IDE adapter and 32GB card, currently hooked up to a Sharp 17" SXGA TFT.

Haven't turned it on in months so no point in me keeping it taking up space. All still working though. I suppose I could list it in the MM.

Last edited:
Thinking of selling the project build I ended up with from a few years ago. No idea how much it's worth, sold prices on eBay are all over the place and would need to be collection only.

It's a Pentium IIIE 600MHz, 256MB RAM, Voodoo 3 3000 PCI, GeForce 4 MX420 AGP with a SD to IDE adapter and 32GB card, currently hooked up to a Sharp 17" SXGA TFT.

Haven't turned it on in months so no point in me keeping it taking up space. All still working though. I suppose I could list it in the MM.
You might find that it be hard to sell without posting it. That is my experience from selling that kinda stuff on ebay otherwise it wont sell for what you want for it. Most of my retro PC's I got dirt cheap from collection only sales like 20 to 30 quid for those type of machines. Collection only sales don't get a lot of interest or sell the Voodoo card separately, you'll get a bit for that.

Last edited:
If I were you I'd just part it out & that way you can post bits separately. You'll get a lot more money that way rather than selling it as a complete unit.

If I were you I'd just part it out & that way you can post bits separately. You'll get a lot more money thate way rather than selling it as a complete unit.
Agreed. This is the uncomfortable truth I must face. The sum of the parts is greater than the whole.

Remember to take a photo of everything fully assembled and working.

The retro world is a funny business at the moment. Goodness knows what I'm to do with my stuff in the future. But, I have been playing on various things over Christmas. Buzz and SingStar on the PS2.

And I got my hands on a small bar top arcade machine. I put a Raspberry Pi RetroPie unit inside and boom, my first arcade machine.

PXL-20231226-081934253-MP.jpg

I got loaned a BBC B over the weekend, had been in my friend's loft for the last 25 odd years. I was after a nostalgia trip as I reckon it was just over 40 years ago I got my BBC while doing the final year of my degree. Sadly the nostalgia trip was all too short lived when the dreaded 'magic' smoke started to pore out of the PSU. Looks easy enough to get a capacitor kit and to do a recapping so that's the next step.

funny_cap.jpg
Please to report the re-capping has given the BBC Micro a new lease of life :D

Back
Top Bottom