What retro things have you done today?

Yes, always pics!

I got my CRT down to see if the graphics problems I was having on the VLB system were due to crt. They were not. CRT is levels above tho so it is staying! :D.. I was worried about having a crt on a tumble dryer but its fine...

Completed a few levels on THPS2 too once it was set up.

My AMD system lives - it turns out it was the SSD. This is the first SSD that has died (or rather, become unreliable) and no OS would install on it, even on another system.

It's not really a retro system. In fact I don't actually have any retro system built at the moment :eek:

Digging through the retro stuff today and finding quite a lot of my old waterchill blocks, some rads (unknown brand) also found an EK supreme block.

Shame a chucked out the Vapochill, would love to go sub 0 with that again.

The Turtle Beach Maui Showed up today. Not sure on the Simms populated but they have 4 stickers on them so it could be 2x4mb. Going to have a play with it later. Happy to finally pick one of these up!

XiYHh71l.jpg

Still torn on monitors too. Samsung 226BW or a Viewsonic VX912...

@paradigm how did you get an OS on your Shuttle out of interest? I'm thinking I might have to set up a PXE server to get Plop booted so I can boot from USB, the Shuttle doesn't seem to support USB HDD/Stick booting and I can't find my XP CDs for love nor money!

I picked this up for £6 the other day and then forgot about it. For some reason I like old capture cards and whilst most are PCI this is ISA from 1995. The eBay pictures were very low quality and I couldn't see any model numbers or anything so I gambled it would be something that the The Internet recognised as having existed.

1L0Hr5R.jpg

BkhPAF3h.jpg

The ever helpful gang on Vogons helped me ID it is as a Prime Time TV by "CEI". No drivers to speak of anywhere but it has RAM on it and a VGA out according to Stanson...

https://stason.org/TULARC/pc/graphics-cards/C … ME-TIME-TV.html

I'm going to plop it into a Windows 98 PC tonight to see what it makes of it.

@paradigm how did you get an OS on your Shuttle out of interest? I'm thinking I might have to set up a PXE server to get Plop booted so I can boot from USB, the Shuttle doesn't seem to support USB HDD/Stick booting and I can't find my XP CDs for love nor money!

I‘ve fortunately got a u3 “equipped” USB stick that presents as both a USB flash drive, but a separate partition presents as a USB CD-ROM drive, which the Shuttle supports booting from!

I use this stick (Sandisk Cruzer Contour) for lots of things like this, god knows what I’ll do when the flash memory finally dies!

Maybe you are right!

Spent this afternoon trying to get my 1ghz P3 working on my main rig but its just super unstable...

Just wanted to see if 133mhz FSB would give a boost at all.

Then I remembered I had a P3 866 that was 133mhz fsb. (My main cpu was 850 @ 952). This CPU actually turned out to be unlocked although didnt like to clock too much higher. Settled on 910mhz~ and got my highest 3dmark99 score yet.

It crashes about 2 seconds into the 3dmark run. And fails to post afterwards for a while. The voltage is automatic and there doesnt seem to be any overrides which is odd as the board has considerable OC options. Its possible the slocket is faulty also. There are jumpers on the slocket and no info online about what they do!

Surprised that Transport tycoon went for that much. I put in 37 and still lost it.

Back
Top Bottom