What retro things have you done today?

Been watching that since it went on. Given I almost bought a known working one for £185 then this one doesn’t have far to climb before it becomes too much of a risk. Granted it being boxed and complete is a draw to a lot of bidders, and the GPUs themselves are still available new if they need replacing (not that I have a BGA rework station or even the stencil for one).

If it stays below £125 or so then it might be worth a punt, not sure I’d go much higher on an unknown.

Nice!

Been watching that since it went on. Given I almost bought a known working one for £185 then this one doesn’t have far to climb before it becomes too much of a risk. Granted it being boxed and complete is a draw to a lot of bidders, and the GPUs themselves are still available new if they need replacing (not that I have a BGA rework station or even the stencil for one).

If it stays below £125 or so then it might be worth a punt, not sure I’d go much higher on an unknown.

You could always become the UK Louis Rossmann, lol, prices are crazy even for broken cards, going to be interesting to see what future card values are, only seem to be going up.

Going retro correct for myself, so S3 Virge DX (for the better or worse), could have gone Matrox Millennium II as the family PC had one of those, but wanted to rebuild my rig really.

500AFX, how do you tell if it is a +?

Also yes on the 2nd card, will be doing that, trying to decide on a SC, unsure if AWE64 or SB0100 Live (already have one of those).

Back
Top Bottom