What retro things have you done today?

Hmm i didnt check to see if the pc has a pcie slot in it. It is socket 775. Iv got few cpus for it, pentium 4 531 i think and a 820 and a 925 pentium dual cores.
I think the pentium 4 dual 820 model is 130w tdp lol, the 925 is less maybe 95w

Was reminded this evening I have a full HP system inc 4:3 TFT in my parents garage my brother bought home from a job along with a set of Dell Harman Kardon 2.1 speakers. Need to collect it and give a look over, not sure if that is 478 or 775 pentium....

Just grabbed it out of the loft.. HP Compaq DC5100 SFF. No windows 98 support, socket 775 :(
Does have windows 2000 drivers available.. Might install that if the PSU does not explode once its warmed up. (Last time I took a PC in from the cold and booted it it was covered in condensation and exploded)

My cheap and nasty 478 W98 PC is taking shape. I've got my Advent SIS648/963 board for £11.50 and now a Pentium 4 2.4B for £5.50.

I bought an £8.50 ALS4000 PCI sound card but then also this thing for £17 delivered without realising it was the same chip. moron.
Tell you what you have to love the box on that eBay win though. Man I miss old box art!

I feel I should run the spare parts express P4 build on 98 too.....a bit of me still fancies putting myself through ME though :p

Just grabbed it out of the loft.. HP Compaq DC5100 SFF. No windows 98 support, socket 775 :(
Does have windows 2000 drivers available.. Might install that if the PSU does not explode once its warmed up. (Last time I took a PC in from the cold and booted it it was covered in condensation and exploded)
Upside down mainboard and cripplingly low GPU space by any chance?. That seems to be a HP calling card

Booted up that HP and it is not the specs I found online and there are windows 98 drivers for it on philscomputerlab :p.
Not sure about the soundcard mind. Its one of those soundmax ones. I have had them working in 98 before but it wasnt easy.
Perhaps 2000 is the better bet.

Cleaned up some Commodore speakers. A mark on the grille to sort but apart from that came up well.

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom