What the ***? Youtube muting a mix

Doesn't leave you in much of a position if You Tube doesn't want it on :P

Seems to me like they will unmute it if you pay the royalties. Tis the law after all

That's the thing. The comment states that they are after the money from YouTube, not me. Which makes me wonder why YouTube wanted to mute the video, if not to cover their own ***

Edit: In fact they just replied to me with this:

Not a lot I don't think. You may get other claimants like us, who are looking after the rights from some of the other tunes you played. In real terms nothing will happen, your video will remain the same and you are still the channel owner and owner of the video. We just own a portion of the rights for musical performance, which is all handled separately from anything you are doing.

Solution: use Soundcloud, Mixcloud, or any other service. If you want video, use something like Ustream. YouTube is pretty complicit with major labels and the music/film industry, and their auto-detection systems are pretty good. There is really no benefit in putting mixes on YouTube.

a lot of companys now just take a cut of the advert rev rather than force a mute/removal on a vid that infringes, i think thats fine.

Its the companys who dont own the material (but think or act like they do) that pull down legitimate videos that annoys me.

That's the thing. The comment states that they are after the money from YouTube, not me. Which makes me wonder why YouTube wanted to mute the video, if not to cover their own ***

More to cover them. :)

Solution: use Soundcloud, Mixcloud, or any other service. If you want video, use something like Ustream. YouTube is pretty complicit with major labels and the music/film industry, and their auto-detection systems are pretty good. There is really no benefit in putting mixes on YouTube.

Reply to You Tube telling them you are going to move to another service, as above. Not that it will bother them but at least you won't get another email from them saying it again.

so this guy andy is saying that he didnt care that you were using his audio, but he wants any money that it makes as a result. but youtube has taken his complaint the wrong way and banned your stuff.

so this guy andy is saying that he didnt care that you were using his audio, but he wants any money that it makes as a result. but youtube has taken his complaint the wrong way and banned your stuff.

Sounds like partly this, but as its not muted, YouTube have done it right. Probably automated email, or two departments acting at same time.
Or muted temporarily, while they sorted it out.

Did you not even pay an ounce of attention when uploading? If there is copyright material within your content then you should list it in the description not within the video itself (well and I suppose as you've already listed it in the video). Provided you do this generally all videos will be allowed as YT tags the items and that will link to the royalties. It also means you can't use monetise, but you shouldn't be using that anyway as the actual content is not yours.

Did you not even pay an ounce of attention when uploading? If there is copyright material within your content then you should list it in the description. Provided you do this generally all videos will be allowed as YT tags the items and that will link to the royalties. It also means you can't use monetise, but you shouldn't be using that anyway as the actual content is not yours.

Yes, amazingly enough I listed all of the copyrighted stuff that would fit in the tag box, and also put a disclaimer in the description stating that I did not own any of the music. And besides, I don't want any money from youtube stuff, I'm even more than happy doing club sets for free.

Yes, amazingly enough I listed all of the copyrighted stuff that would fit in the tag box, and also put a disclaimer in the description stating that I did not own any of the music. And besides, I don't want any money from youtube stuff, I'm even more than happy doing club sets for free.

Putting a disclaimer in your description won't stop copyright owners requesting you remove their content or asking for royalties. Use something else for mixes.

Back
Top Bottom