What the ***? Youtube muting a mix

I wonder the copyright position is on Beardyman, he beatboxes and uses a loop machine to create well known tracks...

..although saying that he is signed to a major label so I suspect it's all above board.

To be fair to him he has a point. There are too many mixes of tracks with about 60 million different synth sounds on them, just because.

Which makes it weirder that skrillex's latest stuff like burst and bun dem are simplistic yet a lot more in touch with more original dubstep. They could be played in Cable without any raised eyebrows anyway :)

Too many producers, not enough artists :)

You're using copyrighted media, they have detected it, they have therefore disabled it. Not ridiculous at all.

Looks like you are not paying royalties to use copyrighted materials.
i am sure if you contact AEI and sort the matter then youtube will allow your matreial to be played again.

He's like a human synthesizer, beat grid and just about everything else. I'm sure he has a mute button somewhere :D

haha, :p watch Beardyman live at kendal part 1, 2 and 3 on youtube, I dont think he has a mute button.

Really good though.

He does a lot of well know material, but I guess its like watching video's of people doing karaoke on youtube but with his beatboxing loop's on the choas pads, would it really count as copyright?

Wonder what youtube will say about your dispute, if not just re-upload like I said and see what they do.

I have uploaded plenty of live DJ sets from nights I have been to, including Swedish house mafia, and Tiesto.

Last edited:
But does that mean that every live performance at clubs/festivals should be banned because they aren't mixing their own songs? Not just talking about putting them on youtube, but actually having the event in the first place. If the rights holders are going to get ****y over one video on youtube which is also publicising their media, and making more people aware of it, then surely these festivals which are doing just the same should suffer the same restrictions then?

if i remember rightly clubs and events will have PRS or similar so all above board.

haha, :p watch Beardyman live at kendal part 1, 2 and 3 on youtube, I dont think he has a mute button.

Really good though.

He does a lot of well know material, but I guess its like watching video's of people doing karaoke on youtube, would it really count as copyright?

I've seen him live before, he really is excellent. DubFX is also just as amazing :)

And I would imagine karaoke would count as copyright, as the backing track is still the original...

I would have thought artists would want people using their tracks in mixes to get more people to hear it! Suppose this is only true with the very small labels that isn't mainstream.

Also, your view count is tiny, why would anyone care about disabling your videos?

I would have thought artists would want people using their tracks in mixes to get more people to hear it! Suppose this is only true with the very small labels that isn't mainstream.

It has always been a grey area with dance music, with only djs really buying records, and normal listeners sticking to cd compilations.

Mp3s have changed things a bit, and whilst the majority of sales are still to djs, more non-djs are starting to buy them due to ease of access and mp3-player proliferation. This is why radio edits are becoming more common as well, as normal listeners don't want the intro and outro pieces needed for mixing.

Also, your view count is tiny, why would anyone care about disabling your videos?

Exactly. People just want money these days. It's not as if the view count will get much higher either. People don't think that "Maybe if I dislike he won't get many views, which defeats the point of putting videos on youtube - to get them more exposure". They just see that it's a mix of EDM (here anyway) And think "HUUUUURRRRR DIZLIKEZ BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE YOUR MUSIC". They don't realise that youtube is one of the few ways I can start getting people knowing me as a DJ. It's actually rather selfish on their part to dislike because of the genre.

Just get your own website, 9 years since I set mine up, and it has been an invaluable tool for getting my mixes out there. Only costs me £12.50 a month.

I can't afford that! I'm a student :)

It has always been a grey area with dance music, with only djs really buying records, and normal listeners sticking to cd compilations.

normal listeners sticking to free mixes that have been uploaded, and mixes their mates have mixed you mean :p

Even compilation sales have dropped massively these days, and I agree, the quality, style of mixing and tune selection of most of the mixes and demo's some of my DJ mates have been of much better standard than that on the shelf/through itunes and online stores, then again they are producers aswel, so its a mixture of some of their own tracks along with some other producers tracks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom