What the ***? Youtube muting a mix

Nice man :)

How do you get that amount of hits to your site?

Exposure on relevant forums.

Posting on here isn't going to generate much, but I also post on 3 dance music forums and 2 clubbing forums. It's way more difficult to get exposure now though as there are even more bedroom djs, the internet is saturated with them. If you didn't get a core following back in the early 00s, the only way to get one now is to be a good producer as well.

Exposure on relevant forums.

Posting on here isn't going to generate much, but I also post on 3 dance music forums and 2 clubbing forums. It's way more difficult to get exposure now though as there are even more bedroom djs, the internet is saturated with them. If you didn't get a core following back in the early 00s, the only way to get one now is to be a good producer as well.

That's a good idea :)

I'm working on getting a few new tracks out there, so hopefully that will help :)

i can't blame them but it is a little ironic. ''i'm just in it for the music, i just wanna make music. i love it!''.

suppose everyone's got bills to pay though and the equipment, studio time and mastering ain't cheap!

I remember uploading the end of braveheart to youtube, got over 225k hits before they pulled it. :p

There really is no such thing :)

There are quite a lot of posters who detail their lives a hell of a lot more than me :)

So yeah, you are being miserable :p

So a person can't be happy and contented but be bored by someones constant updates on what is happening in their lives? :confused:

It gets boring, opening a thread to see you blarting about whatever has happenend to you that day,

"my gf has collapsed OMGZ"

"I've got no Rizla"

"I'm DJ'ing at the O2"

"Guyz, I'm DJ'ing at the O2"

"I'm at the O2 DJ'ing"

etc

No one forces you to read his threads...

You don't have to read my replies, put me on ignore, put your skirt on and live happily ever after :)

coach-handbags5.jpg

ooOoOo lets fight with our handbags making our e-peen grow. YEY!

Last edited:
So a person can't be happy and contented but be bored by someones constant updates on what is happening in their lives? :confused:

It gets boring, opening a thread to see you blarting about whatever has happenend to you that day,

"my gf has collapsed OMGZ"

People post when they have less important issues

"I've got no Rizla"

Bring the rain did the same, it was more light-hearted than anything :)

"I'm DJ'ing at the O2"

Have you had an achievement on the same level? If not then your problem is jealousy :)

"Guyz, I'm DJ'ing at the O2"

As above, with the added caveat that if you really find it that much of a problem, if you were as excited about such an important milestone than I'm sure you would be as vocal as me. If not then hey ho.

"I'm at the O2 DJ'ing"

Again, as above

etc

You don't have to read my replies, put me on ignore, put your skirt on and live happily ever after :)

You don't have to have a problem with people you don't know, you could try being polite, like I am, but no :)

Sorry if this has been mentioned already - what about people who play instruments and cover songs / do instructionals? Would this be affected?

Have you had an achievement on the same level? If not then your problem is jealousy :)

I've played sets at the Hacienda and at Quest in the past, where we differ is that I don't feel the need to post about it every 5 minutes :)

Like I said before, I wasn't the only one that pointed it out.

Carry on, it's entertaining watching you try and justify your attention seeking, I'll leave you to it :)

I would imagine so. It's the same principle :/

I don't think it is though.

Maybe by the letter of the law it is but in reality you aren't going to be done for copyright for uploading a video of yourself playing a famous song on an instrument unless you then try to sell your version of that song.

Also I've seen musicians on TV being asked to play something famous that they clearly wouldn't have cleared and they do (The Live Lounge on Radio 1 is one such example where this kind of ad-libbing goes on). There's also the 30 second 'fair usage' get out that allows you to use up to 30 seconds of a copyrighted song in certain circumstances royalty free.

Having said that I remember one of guitar playing friends telling me about a tab site (sheet music for guitars basically) that got in trouble as they didn't have the rights to publish even the the notes you have to play to make a copyrighted song.

TBF, I wish we had more judges like they do in Spain where they seem to have more fair approach to copyright. Basically you can do what you want unless you are profiting from it. They won't even ban P2P or implement any silly rules around like we keep trying here.

Last edited:
I know what you mean Shayper, I was listening to a Swedish house mafia remix of every teardrop is a waterfall, was the best sound quality video I could find.

A day later it was taken down yet the other versions of the same remix still remain.

TIP: Add a small voice sample saying DJ Shayper like Pete Tong has his (just don't repeat it a million times)

Should get around it.

Back
Top Bottom